1/32 Hasegawa Spitfire Mk.Va "Douglas Bader" Finished !

Tolga ULGUR

Tolga,

Those fasteners really make quite a difference. Looking forward to how they look as part of the painted surface.

Joel

Hope that they will work well under the paint.

I have used these Archer resin fasteners first of all for the damaged ones on my Tamiya Spitfire MkIXe project.

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2404

• 4 weeks later...

Tolga,

those fasteners look better then molded on ones I've seen once some primer and paint is applied. The effort was very well worth it.  And the camo paint scheme with black primer really has the right amount of color modulation without having to post shade. Very well done.

Joel

Shaping up beautifully Tolga

BTW by complete chance I've literally just stumbled across an image of a close up of the port wing root showing the 35mm gun camera of DB's Mk 5A W3185 in ‘Eyes of the RAF' by Roy Conyers Nesbit (great read so far) - If you're interested (you may not be ;-),

it shows there was quite a soft edge demarcation between the Sky and upper colours under the nose which falls below the dividing line of the side and belly engine cowls, not actually on this line as a sharp demarcation was often the case (In fact, a quick check shows most illustrated profiles for this particular aircraft on the Web show it as the latter, I guess erroneously according to the book photograph)- I can't tell from your images where yours lies? Hope this makes sense

Torben

Some progress....

43.JPG

44.JPG

This is looking so much better than...well....that other Spit..     :D  :clap2:

Just what I was planning to do with mine...whenever we have the time.

Edited by williamj

Shaping up beautifully Tolga

BTW by complete chance I've literally just stumbled across an image of a close up of the port wing root showing the 35mm gun camera of DB's Mk 5A W3185 in ‘Eyes of the RAF' by Roy Conyers Nesbit (great read so far) - If you're interested (you may not be ;-),

it shows there was quite a soft edge demarcation between the Sky and upper colours under the nose which falls below the dividing line of the side and belly engine cowls, not actually on this line as a sharp demarcation was often the case (In fact, a quick check shows most illustrated profiles for this particular aircraft on the Web show it as the latter, I guess erroneously according to the book photograph)- I can't tell from your images where yours lies? Hope this makes sense

Torben

Yes 

I opened the gunsight camera hole on the wing edge/root, thanks.

On the other hand, despite having many profiles and images on the internet, there are still problems with the original photo

I have used as reference some early builts, some kits and decal sets issued by differents companies and  profiles etc. So the painting applied with sharp demarcation with the guidance of the dividing line. I do not think to change it after this stage

I am using Life like decal sheet. And in this sheet there is a nose art  on the left cowling. But I am still not sure that this nose art exists on W3185 or not. And decided not to use it. Any comment for this ?

avalon_4810_navod_web.jpg

img_0561.jpg

lld32013_1_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1444246061

Hi Tolga - I too would leave off the nose art of a certain person being booted up the backside which I believe was particular to 242 Squadron (no doubt someone has a photo to disprove this ;-) - by this time Bader was flying mainly with 616 Squadron

interesting image of Bader' Va here - http://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/articles/douglas-bader-2 - Not sure if the particular plane shown in the picture, ‘Lord Lloyd 1', is W3185 but doesn't show the nose art. It does however have good ref of the DB codes shape and position.

Hope this helps

Torben

Edited by TorbenD