Kawasaki Ki61-I Hein. (To be completed)

mpk

The EZ line is elastic if I remember correctly, I use some similar elastic Aeroclub thread that I have had for ages, what I do is drill very fine holes, anchor one end in a hole with CA, allow the CA to fully dry and then stretch the line to the second hole.

To positively fit the end of the thread I normally drill a hole and use some fine plastic rod to trap it in place, a bit like this below.

Not my favourite job at all.

Cheers

Dennis

Awesome Dennis.

Thanks so much! :)

As others have said, EZ Line is the stuff for aerials. But don't stretch it too tight when it's attached to an antenna mast; it will bend it! Just a little bit of stretch is all that's needed to keep it permanently straight.

Got it. Thanks. I made a good choice. My first! :D

I'm a fan of stretched sprue, or very fine fishing line. Fishing line can also be "bounced", just like sprue, using a little concentrated heat.

Bounced? Like one of my cheques!  

Shhh, it's a secret. ;)

I love EZ line.  It's so forgiving to the hamfisted among us.

You just reinforced Dennis' post. Ha!

:D

Thanks mate. Dale.

Alright! Now we're getting closer...looking forward to the finish, Dale!

Light sanding will remove the dust...remember to use those large make up brushes to clear off the dust before painting!

Hi shaka.

Mate my micro mesh is moving faster than a one legged bricklayer in Syria! :)

As for completing a model..

Shaka, here's what I've been doing.

After 3 abortive attempts at modelling while mental, I believe a Betty, Spitfire and a, you guessed it, spitfire, I decided I needed to practice.

My one thought through madness was practice. An old staple. Something I can do without thinking. Like paradiddles, I worked on modeling. If the model was completed or not was unimportant. I couldn't care less about a completed model. All I want, even now, is to improve. With my nerve endings in their state it's hard mate.

So I practice. One of these days I will move to another residence. Any completed model will go in the bin.

I just want to be good. To be able to get my hands moving.

Here, I'll show you. Yesterday for example, aside from 2 hours drum practice, I modeled from 9.00 AM through 2.00 AM. I don't post everything. However, mate I am busy working at it. Trying to get these hands working... It's a pain in the arse mate, but it must be done. I am slowly recovering feeling in my fingers. I reckon 30% now! :D

Here's a box I made while things were drying on Tony.

20170523_082457_zpsnvypq6if.jpg

This railing was hard. The paint was a light mix of aotake blue, lighter than normal because the cockpit is small. I wanted to see if it works.

I was also trying out the Talon airbrush (crap!) and seeing how a pre painted PE harness could be weathered. This is all practice mate. It's not a "build".

20170524_131205_zps8usdjqum.jpg

20170524_131309_zpseq58g8kq.jpg

The seat is Alclad chome. Check it out on the wrong base coat. See, a lesson. :)

20170524_131630_zps1mqlezap.jpg

This work is happening between working on the Tony. I won't touch the Tony after 7 PM. The Oscar stuff took place very late at night.

Back in the day I used to fully wire up 1/48 cockpits. But back then I had feeling in my fingers. I am not complaining. It is simply the situation and this is how I am dealing. :)

Blame Hubert for the Oscar choice. ;)

Edited by mpk

[...] This is all practice mate. It's not a "build".

20170524_131205_zps8usdjqum.jpg

20170524_131309_zpseq58g8kq.jpg

The seat is Alclad chome. Check it out on the wrong base coat. See, a lesson. :)

20170524_131630_zps1mqlezap.jpg

[...]

Blame Hubert for the Oscar choice. ;)

Not a "build", you say... OK, well, then all my "builds" should rather be treated as a "practice" :D

Doesn't look bad, something like well worn and used cockpit, a pity that nothing will be seen after you close the fuselage.

Oh, and it's really nice to be blamed on this ;)

Best regards

Hubert

I hear ya, Dale..I know the  situation, but I'm prodding you as it's my MO...

Keep modeling, buddy!

:)

I know mate. Just wanted to fill you in on my current attitude. Now my brain is a little better I will complete one. The Tony has it's anti glare on and is expecting some Alclad today. :)

Oh, and it's really nice to be blamed on this ;)

Best regards

Hubert

Er, actually I've been doing that alot lately.

Listen mate, there may be a knock on your door from some agents... Just play it cool and deny everything.

You'll be 'right mate. No worries.

;)

As for nothing to be seen once the pit is covered, excellent place to practice, don't you think?

You see. Listen, I'm the cleverest person ever to live. I understand things others don't. My brain works really fast and I have a trophy wife. ;)

:D

everything is practice and education in my opinion

Indeed.

I agree. It seems that I inevitably learn something new with each kit.

Indeeded! :)

Heh!

Work's looking good, mate.  Just don't put that radial in your Ki-61. 

Gaz

Er, may be too late.

I thought cut it here, was the wrong sheet!

Oh well. :)

Gaz, mate, with all the HZAR or HAFA, whatever, talk on another thread, I am thinking about getting a kebab!

I am told I am rather vague today. Yesterday as well apparently. :)

Work has been ongoing. I found it difficult to get the NMF right, but oh well.

I am also having a nightmare dealing with the Techmod decals. They fall apart so I have had to raid the Hasegawa decals. Happily they provided the same insignia. Unhappily the red if a slightly different shade.

I have a few Techmod sheets. I'll be wary of them in future.

The Mark fit decal solution has left a stain as well. So I changed to Mr Mark Softer. It leaves no stain. I reckon I'll hide the stains I cannot remove under mottling. :)

Here's what it looks like at this time.

20170530_133734_zpsfirhm5wo.jpg