2003 series Cylon Raider

spacewolf

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually still a big fan of the much earlier version.

me too.  The original Cylon raider, base ship and BSG looked much better than the reboot series imho.  I can't pick between the 2 series colonial vipers.  I have both series on Blu ray,  I have to say that they really did a great job with the new series - the story is excellent and the acting is top notch quality, and the SFX too.  I have a Cylon centurion kit in my stash, but fell unemployed at the end of 2015 and can't afford the studio scale classic Cylon fighter *sobs*.  It sucks being poor.

Amazing work Vaughn, masterclass.  Seriously impressive inventiveness in so many areas that mere mortals can never hope to attain!

Duly subbed and can't wait to see how this baby turns out!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all... been away far too long... life, work, stress... and no mojo to build. However, life seems to be settling down. The wreck had been bugging me as trying to get the multi panel shading look was beyond doing with a brush....with the arrival of a new air compressor I got busy tonight

What the Colonial wreck looked like before I started playing....

KzlNyYK.jpg

And where she sits for now...

aC1dEHb.jpg

PPAWwKN.jpg

gkSCd7f.jpg

So the build continues... hoping I can be a bit more consistent in posting. Thanks to everyone for looking in and sticking with me on this build.

Cheers

Vaughn

He's Back!!!!!!

Good to see you round the place Vaughn, kinda quiet round here lately.  Great to see your progress and super to hear that you are back at the workbench.  I hope the stresses in your life abate and you can enjoy some time to yourself.

Dan 

Hey Dan, me too !!!! Stress and being behind the 8 ball just sucks the ability to model right out of you.

Cheers

Vaughn

Playing some more before work... having fun for a change. I added a few more shaded panels ...at this stage I'm stopping, panel lines and weathering will balance it all I think...

spUqETg.jpg

My home made cardboard mask....

vaZKacW.jpg

And my new compessor... quiet as a desk fan !

KMqMWmg.jpg

More in a day or 3... Cheers

Vaughn

Been plugging away, an hour or so a day before work...

SY2NjYt.jpg

Vallejo, black for the burn area's and Testors Chrome for the drybrushing.

DbafpVg.jpg

It's really neat when what you are building comes close to what you imagined before you began the build !

SDUMOUu.jpg

Hopefully the base will be finished this weekend if all goes well.

Cheers

Vaughn

So... here we are... Colin's decals worked a treat... though the yellow was so light I had to cut up a second decal and put the yellow over the first one to get the right look....

RSA1hyC.jpg

More shading with Tamyia Smoke and Vallejo black...

LCF6OAi.jpg

Looking pretty much how I'd hoped..

h4h5Ol5.jpg

KegDjEM.jpg

Still work to do but it's coming along. More in a few days I hope.

Vaughn