Zoukei Mura in 2018 - Ki-45 / Hs -129 NEWS

Jan_G

The HS 129 has always been one of my favorite "oddball" planes of all time.  I think this kit will be the one that finally gets me to try out ZM and see what they are all about...

Though I do entertain doing something with the Horten HO 229 as well.

I have seen builds of the HO 229 in "naked" presentation without paint; those really interest me, showing off metal finishes and wood grain.

Awesome! I have been wanting some Japanese bombers, as far as I know this will be the first. I don't think anyone ever brought one out, I can only hope and pray for a Val or Kate.

I guess I stuck my foot in my mouth, after a little research, I found out it was an interceptor. Doh! 

still wondering about the prices . seems they will be over 150 € each at least 

Saw both at the US NATs this past July in person, and was quite impressed. Id say that from talking to them the eventual price for each will be significantly less than that. 

I could be wrong though. Its happened many times in the past. 

I really love how many options it appears we will have. Im wondering now if each version will be released separately, or as it appears now, that they may release "packages" for each build, and the buyer hopefully will be able to choose which one he wants to purchase up front. 

I hope you're right, Brian. There is stated a different number of parts for each package. on the other hand we will spend more cash on it  :hmmm:

jan

Guest Smitty44

Saw both at the US NATs this past July in person, and was quite impressed. Id say that from talking to them the eventual price for each will be significantly less than that. 

I could be wrong though. Its happened many times in the past. 

Still saddened that the Old Man chuckled when I begged him for a Betty. With a 1/48th scale B-36 we know anything is possible

I wonder if the B-2 and B-3 are going to have resin or brass barrels?    

Still saddened that the Old Man chuckled when I begged him for a Betty. With a 1/48th scale B-36 we know anything is possible

Especially now that I have a 1/32nd Ohka ready for the 1/32nd Betty! 

Awesome! I have been wanting some Japanese bombers, as far as I know this will be the first. I don't think anyone ever brought one out, I can only hope and pray for a Val or Kate.

Um, I may be mistaken but the Ki-45 is not a bomber, it's a heavy fighter.  I'm finding out that it had provisions to carry a couple 551 lb bombs but that's as far as I've gotten into this aircraft to date. 

I am waiting patiently for the Ki-45.  I was thinking they only were releasing one but now that I have a short nosed option, I may end up getting two.  If I EVER get to model again, these two may turn up at nationals. 

Edited by Juggernut

The Ki 45 is very tempting but I have always steered clear of ZM kits as they look over complicated but that one really appeals.

Cheers

Dennis

Agree and it is their philosophy about the model building experience. I am hoping that while I really appreciate the complexity of the internals of the flying wing, the focus for these kits is on details we can see (e.g., engine, exhausts, wheel wells, cockpit and surface detail/quality). One extra for me would be that the Hs-129 belly cannon assembly can be posed down (swings down).

Rick