"No disintegrations!"- Bandai 1/144 Slave 1

BloorwestSiR

Looks great! I have a lot of these Bandai SW kits in the stash. They all seem to have gotten great reps, w/great fit.   Boba was always my fav!  

This one turned out terrific.

Thanks Brian! They really are great kits. Break one of them out next time you feel a little burned out on a bigger project. Like when the HpH Tigercat comes out :)

Also, although they're harder to find, check out one of their Star Trek kits if you ever get the chance.

Carl

That looks amazing ! Well done indeed ! The Bandai plastic in my experience needs a coat of primer if you use acrylics... otherwise it just peels off... but great fitting kits, great detail and fun to put together.. the real challenge is painting them.

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughan! Interesting that you have had adhesion issues with their plastic. I don't think I've had any yet. I've been more concerned with the plastic reacting to enamel washes which is well documented. I wonder if it's because I use Tamiya lacquer thinner with my paints?

I think the biggest challenge is figuring out what the paint colours are. They only tell you in Japanese and not all the time.

Carl

Thanks Vaughan! Interesting that you have had adhesion issues with their plastic. I don't think I've had any yet. I've been more concerned with the plastic reacting to enamel washes which is well documented. I wonder if it's because I use Tamiya lacquer thinner with my paints?

I think the biggest challenge is figuring out what the paint colours are. They only tell you in Japanese and not all the time.

Carl

Nods... any time I've used acrylics without a primer base it comes off in patches.... found that out the hard way with the Yamato build. If you use enamel it doesn't seem to have the same problem. I think it's the chemical composition of their plastic... beautiful stuff, but a bit touchy !!

And I hear you on the paint callouts.... best to do research and pick your paint, not what they show on the instructions.

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf