Tamiya Mustang differences, if any

LSP_K2

I wasn't sure if I had seen those clips on the wings so I didn't mention them in the earlier post. They  can be seen in both photos and in the top picture you can make out the holes in the front and back near the bottom of the brace

The pacific P-61D/K kit includes some ordnance if memory serves, the Aeroproducts prop, certain fuselage panels for the F-6 variant and omits the early (filletless) tail.  There may be some other additions/omissions but I think I've got the major ones covered.

Yep, I just discovered the cool rocket tubes (Bazookas) are included in the Pacific boxing.

No, but I have been discussing with Roy Sutherland of the merits of producing the P-51D underwing rocket stubs as seen on many Post War Mustangs. He thought it was a good idea but wasn't sure many would be interested if he didn't put rockets with it. I reckon it would be popular anyway as often they weren't always fitted with them. Also there are AM ones if someone really wants to put em on. What do you think?

To me, stubs without rockets, is like a really pimped gun bay with no guns,... it's just a hole in the wing.

Oddly enough, both Mustangs seem to have two sets of three ready to go locater holes for rockets, just no rockets or stubs, odd. The non-Pacific boxing, also has two styles of seat, whereas the Pacific kit has only one. 

Right, I recall that. Never did get one either, though I did grab the others. I still have partially finished D, B and III models upstairs; perhaps I should get back to them. Now that I think about it, I've never finished a Tamiya aircraft model,... not one.

Has anyone mentioned that the Pacific boxing includes the F-6D recce parts as well as everything else.  I'm a big Mighty Eighth fan, but those 2nd AC markings in the boc=x do look good, even if I'd like to do a 9th AF F-6D

While browsing through my ADH "How to" book on the Mustang, I stumbled upon something I thought might be of interest to some here; the Mustang references suggestions at the end of the publication. Charles was the one of course that set the tone for our own references library here on LSP (no small database it is either, I must say), and seeing his name in print again made me realize just what a valuable asset he truly was to our hobby.

Mustang%20ADH_zpsryddob1u.jpg

I'd add The Mustang Story by Ken Delve to that list http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mustang-Story-Ken-Delve/dp/1854092596/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453272793&sr=8-1&keywords=mustang+story

I asked the Tamiya design guys about this version of Mustang when I was working with them on the Mosquito. Jennings is correct, they engineered/tooled it with the possibility to have them done in the future. Whether or not it ever gets done they don't know, that is up to their marketing dept. They kind of future proof themselves during the design phases. Possibly why the Spitfire has the antenna post on the top of the rudder as well....