HKM Lancaster Box Art

LSP_Kevin

This will be a must have!

For sure, we modellers (me included) are some strange folks, building small replicas of war-machines. Though the combination of a picture of a warplane bringing massive destruction to a city, with a Christmas message is a bit odd :hmmm:

Cheers

Alex

Alex, watching at the box art this exactly was my first thought, too. <_<

Nice choice Tony. "Just Jane" would be one of my choices but would n't there need to be more modifications than to make the BBMF Lanc?

Cheers

Am assuming (always a risky thing) that the kit comes with paddle bladed props and a selection of clear blisters etc.

Not sure that I'd worry too much about divergence between the kit and Just Jane. I'm not a Lanc aficionado so will sit back, shut up and see what the experts do.

Tony

Guest The Southern Bandit

Super excited......but do we know what the price point will be..........my company's up for sale so who knows what 2018 will bring......start saving now......

Wondering too, guessing £200+, but it is a lot of plastic, normally this falls in to the far to big for me area and that's the reason I passed on the B-17 too and I came close to buying that one, even had it ordered but cancelled when I was told it would be a couple of months before stock arrived (Wonderland Models), but I know where the Lanc could be hung on a wall here and apparently HK provide for this in the B-17, so hopefully the Lanc too?

But yeah, £200+ easy I guess, and I'm sure there will be a lot of AM to follow, this would be a once in a lifetime project if I went for it.

Will wait for reviews though, the nose problem on the HK Fortress would be pretty hard to rectify, but apparently not as noticeable as it sounds? ... we'll see how the Lancaster turns out.

I wonder if they will do a Dambuster raid Lanc?

How odd. Ho-ho-ho, Merry Christmas- we're firebombing a German city. Aside from that, the art-work is first rate. Just not sure it's any more appropriate than a B-29 with a big mushroom cloud behind it.

Kind of ironic that the Lanc's codes were POS.

Edited by John Irwin

Holy Smokes - looks fantastic but the same problem as with the B-17 - where and how to display the model?

Peter

Hi Peter, I just got the B-17 and didn't take long to work out how to display it when it is finished..........in a bloody big, purpose built, glass side and top, COFFEE TABLE, right in the middle of the lounge room. Might even make it big enough to fit a Lanc in with it.

I'd not worry over much about the promo box art Christmas message folks, take it in the spirit the message was meant, when I build a military model I rarely think of all the destruction and death they cause, HK meant well with the message I'm sure, its not as if that's going to be on the final box art release I'm sure :)

Hmm when did they say this was coming out? Is it possible that Sir Peter's next release could be in competition with the Lanc? Better save double!

It would be nice if Sir Peter's Dambuster movie is released soon.

Hi Peter, I just got the B-17 and didn't take long to work out how to display it when it is finished..........in a bloody big, purpose built, glass side and top, COFFEE TABLE, right in the middle of the lounge room. Might even make it big enough to fit a Lanc in with it.

Great idea Whitey.

It would be nice if Sir Peter's Dambuster movie is released soon.

That's still on indefinite hold apparently, though he still wants to do it I read. Have a special spot in my heart for 617 Squadron, until recently they were based just up the road from here at RAF Lossiemouth flying GR-4 Tornado's, been on the base lots and they had replica's of the Dambuster bombs used on the raids the Squadron was involved with on display there, if HK were to do a Dambuster Lanc my hesitations about buying one would evaporate, it would then become a must buy :)