I'm In!

I must investigate one of those brushes, having a reliable brush that you're confident to use on small details is so important, especially with figure painting.

Max

.....but I see they're only available in the States with ridiculous postal charges!

Edited by mozart

Very nice photography,

Oh, and the build work ain't to shabby too. must be an artist type too.

We are who we are and we build as we like to build but one thing that can help (it helps me). These things were built by human hands,

and thus were far from 'perfection in sheet metal'.

If you get a chance to look at a original WWII kite in a museum look closely and you'll say, oh my.

Art

I must investigate one of those brushes, having a reliable brush that you're confident to use on small details is so important, especially with figure painting.

Max

.....but I see they're only available in the States with ridiculous postal charges!

Welcome to my world....

Bloody hell...American Football is so boring...

;-)

I decided to do some work on the Spitfire. The compass decal completely disintegrated after applying Tamiya's very own "Mark Fit". I used AirScale's 1/48 version -- bit too small, but I can live with it. Detail painting is pau and a coat of Future (Future/Windex/Drop of Flowaid) airbrushed in preparation for a light wash. (You might seem some areas that look like it's be given a wash -- that's me experimenting. I really like the Tamiya's Enamel-based washes...they're just excellent.)

AH0KMlQ.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

The interior is really taking shape Shaka but I agree, those belts do look a smidge rigid.

I've sent off for a set of RB production Sutton type "QS" belts to try on the Mk XVI. I have n't used Radu's belts before so I shall be interested to see how the material behaves.

In the past I have just used strips of wine bottle foil to replicate the fabric of the belts and simply utilised the metal buckle portions of the aftermarket sets. (I have squirrelled away a couple of really soft metal bits that I keep for this job.)

It looks as though you might be quite close to buttoning up the fuselage?

Keep at it.

Cheers.

Tamiya's PE is just too stiff and hard to work with, I do wish I asked for advice before assembling/painting it. I might end up damaging parts when I actually started gluing it on. I've ordered an RB Production's "QK" harness -- not sure if it's right, but it looks right, but I doubt it will come in time before I have the urge to button up the cockpit -- but yes, everything should accelerate after that because I've pretty much assembled everything before hand.

I'll take the belts apart and utilize some foil -- splice out certain parts and see how much more natural it can look. BTW, my favorite foil for this comes from Grey Goose Vodka -- give it try.

Thanks gentlemen.

Decided to move on...light pin wash of all cockpit components using Future/Windex/Black/Brown acrylic wash...barely detectable with the gloss sheen still. Curious what it looks like with a flat clear coat. I don't think think the belts look all that bad once in place, but I'll definitely building more of these with additional detailing and with experience garnered with this build (and focus on 1/32 scale and up from here on). I tried the Tamiya washes as well, but while it applies well, it comes off too easy -- I'm wondering if I'm not waiting long enough for it to dry?

Hoping to close up the cockpit this weekend and it should be 3 day weekend for me....

xmbLWVz.jpg