Arado Ar 234A V6 - 4 x BMW engines Prototype (Kettenkrad)

kkarlsen

In the linked thread, Radu mentions  Famous Aeroplanes of the World book on the Arado has a useable set of scale drawings by Shigeru Nohara.

Matt

Thanks Matt, I will look into it, although I'm not too concerned with the minor issues with the kit, as long as it looks like an Arado 234.

My main focus will be on the conversion into an A prototype version, where i probably will have to use my imagination to fill in the 'blanks'.

Regards: Kent

Wow, the double BMW engined Arado sure does look like an interesting aircraft!

Good luck with this build and please do keep us up to date as you progress!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, I am looking forward to this. Hopefully I will be able to complete this conversion.

Kent

So I have a question in the 'now for something entirely different' department:

Does any of you out there, have a 'qualified guess' into what kind of motor/engine has been used for this contraption?

7698-131217183859.jpeg

7698-131217080108-127031709.jpeg

7698-131217080108-127011303.jpeg

Maybe it's to much to ask, but I just had to try ;-)

Cheers: Kent

If you put the picture I provided upside down, then there's a better match with your picture. This would mean that the valve's are under and the driveshaft on top, but I'm not sure. I think it's safe to assume it's a customized engine....

Don't know if you are aware, but I think (but check it out as I could be wrong) the early V versions had a narrower front fuselage with a different profile. When they added wheeled undercarriage they widened the fuselage to allow for it. The Kagero work by Murawski refers to this on page 20 (early edition). The front glass was slightly different too. I found this out as I was planning to do a V8 using an old MDC Ar234 I have in the stash. The resin kit would be a pain to alter, which is why I didn't get any further, but it may be possible with the Fly kit. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Just had another read of the thread and noticed that you have already referred to the narrower fuselage. If you do go ahead with the V8 I will be watching closely how you go about it. You never know I may be tempted to re-start mine.