1/32 F-4G & F-4E decals

jmel

Hey Mike, good to see some new stuff coming. Could you elaborate a little on the F-4G Conversion for the Tamiya kit? I've got your F-4G Conv. for the Revell kit, what will be different and I'm assuming it is for the F-4E kit? Thanks Mike.

Chuck

Hey Mike, good to see some new stuff coming. Could you elaborate a little on the F-4G Conversion for the Tamiya kit? I've got your F-4G Conv. for the Revell kit, what will be different and I'm assuming it is for the F-4E kit? Thanks Mike.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,

You addressed this to Mike, but I just wanted jump in to help clarify the confusion.   SH is producing a Geasel kit for the Revell F-4E kit.   My company GT Resins is producing the “E†and “G†kits for the Tamiya F-4E &EJ kits.   I mentioned some details earlier, but both kits will be complete with antennas and equipment options and slatted wings, with correct dihedral I might add.   I would bet SH's offering is just as complete.

I will leave it to Mike to answer questions about his product.

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Wow, guys!  I'm really, really pleased that the decals and resin sets are generating so much interest.  It's an enormous investment for each of the companies involved, so I am enthusiastic about the responses!

Cool, now the F-4G 7235/0291 Mig Killers...did those Weasel earned the kill credits in Gulf or was they passed on from their previous lives as F-4E...??

Both F-4G MiG killers earned their kills during Vietnam before their sex change to Weasels.

Excuse my ignorance, but any of these for DS birds?.....Harv

Not specifically, Harv.  As Tony correctly pointed out, all Wing/Squadron shields were painted over by the time the actual war kicked off, although many flew Desert Shield markings with the badges.

Looks great guys. I'm I correct in assuming with the exception of the 2 Euro 1 paint scheme F-4Gs, all the rest will be the two tone Hill Grey schemes? Thanks.

Chuck

The 561st TFS flagship, the Spang jet, and one Clark F-4G are all Euro 1.  The others are Hill Gray II.  I have some nice stuff for SEA wraparound, but just couldn't squeeze them onto the sheet(s).

Wow what an awesome sheet!
Count me in for a couple.
Just what i need for my CE Geasel conversions.

With all due respect to Cutting Edge, you need to get rid of that set and pick up either one of these newer sets.  I have in my possession the Sierra Hotel set, and have looked at hi-res pics from GT Hobbies, and either of these sets is far, far, FAR superior to anything Cutting Edge did.  That set suffered from many inaccuracies in the shape of the radome and gondola pod, among others.  Sell it for a fortune on eBay and get a newer, better conversion.  The F-4G deserves better!   :)

Wow, you guy's just made my week-end, but I have to ask....

Are there going to be enough of those conversion of either SH or GT for most of us who won't be at the National, it seam's that every time someone have a big start up during those event, they always run out right after and can't get any.....

Dan.

Are there going to be enough of those conversion of either SH or GT for most of us who won't be at the National, it seam's that every time someone have a big start up during those event, they always run out right after and can't get any.....

Dan.

I can only Speak for GT Resin, But we are in business full time to serve you guys and gals.   This is not our second or third job that we do when we have spare time.  This is what we do, period...( well, I may build a jet once in a while if the boss lets me)  While I am at the NATS, Tina will be taking orders for the sets through our E bay store like we do any of our other products.  So you will get the new product if you cannot be their in person, no worries.

Have a good evening, 

Gary

Edited by ghatherly

Oh Clark AB! Many interesting nights there!!! The weasel stuff looks great.

Paul

Right on Jake. Will be coming just in time for our Tamiya F-4G conversion, along with QF-4 set. I know you have some good QF-4 refs waiting to become the next or near future F-4 prints :) Good to see some Clark Phantoms coverage, especially since that was my first base and Airframes I worked when I went in the AF.

QF-4Parts25_zpsf5487a13.jpg

You will be the first one I visit at the Nationals to buy those decals and the Hornet book by Pete.

Mike

Hi Jake, just copied the above to save time. Please save a set and a book for me. If I cannot come (because I die or something) I will let you know in advance.

Garry, so you are coming to Virginia WITH the stuff? If so, could we arrange that I pay in advance and you bring my order there? Want to save few pennies on shipping costs and rather pay you for more sets.

It is great to have something to look forward to

Jozef

Chuck

The Tamiya F-4G conversion will include a detailed F-4G  I P for the rear cockpit (based on our IP from the Revell G Conv), the consoles, APR 38 Low/High/Special band antennas, APR-38 Chin Pod, Vertical Tail Pod, Outboard Pylons, LAU-118 Launchers, Belly strap, and the LES Conversion. Note We will also be doing the F-4S Conversion in conjunction. Here are the basic F-4G parts:

F-4GConvparts1_zps6457bd34.jpg

And some wheels to go along with these sets, for both Revell and Tamiya

F-4JCDEGWheels21_zps9edfee75.jpg

Hey Chuck,

You addressed this to Mike, but I just wanted jump in to help clarify the confusion.   SH is producing a Geasel kit for the Revell F-4E kit.   My company GT Resins is producing the “E†and “G†kits for the Tamiya F-4E &EJ kits.   I mentioned some details earlier, but both kits will be complete with antennas and equipment options and slatted wings, with correct dihedral I might add.   I would bet SH's offering is just as complete.

I will leave it to Mike to answer questions about his product.

Gary

Yes, our current F-4G conversion is for the Revell F-4E/F, but we do have the and F-4G and slatted F-4E conversions for the Tamiya F-4E/EJ in work. Customer wise, it was the number one requested conversion in 32nd scale, so we are complying.  It's raining Phantoms all of a sudden!

Mike V

Edited by Viper Enforcer

Dan.

It's been a struggle to keep up with demand the past 8 months. We had some production issues and time away; we all work full time jobs. Most of our line has proven quite popular in japan, so we're now working to balance out domestic orders with overseas demands in order to provide level field of sale.  Many of our masters have been down refurbished and should now last for quite a few runs. We are restocking all 32nd F-4 intakes, F-4G conversions, J-79 Exhaust (we will now be carrying the short nozzle Exhaust) these next couple of weeks. F-4J/S and F-4C-G wheels will be added to the line up by mid-month, along with more wheels sets to be announced later this week. 

Hi Mike

As mentined above. no matter when (and if at all) I will need it, I am going to grab all your Phantom stuff.

Look forward to see you in Virginia.

Best

Jozef

Any chance I can convince you guys to do a set of decals for the F-4EJ two tone blue scheme to go with the wolfpack -EJ conversion? The only option is/was hobby decal dry transfer which were godawful and the wolfpack conversion set with them sells for 150-200US on ebay. I -think- all would be needed aside from the wolfpack conversion would be slat wings