ME-110G-2

Another view to add a different perspective. Haven't decided if I will redo the entire nacelle, as the wheel-well doors are also slightly off for my version. Again, I don't know if the kits doors are correct for a "C" as I don't have plans to compare.

post-4413-1215174047.jpg

Decided not to drop the flaps, or pop the slats as I just won't have time. Wings are dimensionally correct, and won't require surgery. whew! :D More pics soon, later....Russ

Wow Russ, fast work...

My thinking is that the 110 wings & engine cowls were the same for C through G up to the sloping firewall. Differences were down to lumps and bumps over engine, prop type and spinner (109F-K type from 110F onwards) and style of chin radiator/housing.

Matt

Enlarged plans to 1/32nd yesterday, and plopped some plastic down to see if this kit is 'dimensionally challenged".

--snip--

post-4413-1215172903.jpg

I am contemplating a 2mm plug behind the cockpit to make it's length perfect...just a wee bit short now. Also, the wing needs to be 2-3mm further forward. You can see the marks drawn where I'll cut the whole wing/fuse/root assembly and move it forward. I've already added a plug forward of the cockpit. tongue.gif

What multi-view drawings did you enlarge? I wasn't aware that the Revell kit's fuselage has those dimensional problems.

Charles Metz

Hi Russ,

I don't know if you know but there's a tweak list by Thierry Laurent for the Revell G kit on LSP, click on Market, also the engine nacelle for the F is the same basic shape as the G, though without the air scoop forward and above the exhausts, and with the three small round instrument windows as opposed the large rectangular window of the G. Squadron Signal are soon to release a vacuform canopy for the G, probably with a C to follow, and I recall reading in Radu's Arado build, that it used the same smooth wheels as the E/F/G, I'm sure that these could be purchased separately from MDC.

I'd double check your plans again, cos I don't think you should be moving the wings and the nose now looks too long, this may have something to do, as Thierry points out, with the kit being a bit out dimensionally. Finally there's the start of a couple of builds by LSP Hacker of a C & G in the stalled group build...

HTH and good luck with the build!

Hello All, back with an update on this build! Got an engine mocked up, and my radiator miss-fit probs behind me.(this kit doesn't exactly fall together :rolleyes: ). BUT!!, for the price($25) and availability my hat is off to Revell for at least making it in the first place! Attaboys(girls). Whooo, can't wait for my resin wheels and spinners to come in so I can see what they look like. Here's where I was earlier today;

post-4413-1215238745.jpg