49 replies to this topic

#46 cbk57

cbk57

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

We are finally back in Canada after loooooooong vacation and I am just so happy to breath our dry air. :)

And here is little help from folks that are not familiar with Fahrenheit scale :)
dreamstime_l_26400318.jpg

Canadiens actually understand that -40 Fahrenheit and -40 Celsius are the same, have experienced that temperature, not counting windchill, and know what cold really is. We were up to see the in laws at Christmas, it was in the range of -30 raw temperature most days we were up there. What little water vapor that was in my coat would freeze the outside of my coat instantly when I went outside. I have a Canada goose down coat for these trips. I see people here wearing them when it is 40 Fahrenheit and just laugh to myself.

#47 Airfixer

Airfixer

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

21°C/70°F, cloudy...

Heading back to Christchurch...gotta see my lawyer and accountant...lots of papers to be signed...

Greetings from Aotearoa

Erik

hj4nK1d.jpg

8J94oPi.jpg

• Out2gtcha likes this

pYxRhCD.jpg

#48 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 40,387 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:28 AM

It's so hot here (around 42C) that we've just had a partial blackout, with many of our appliances and lights not working - though oddly, many still do!

Kev

#49 Big Texan

Big Texan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

31 degrees this morning in Amarillo, Texas. Supposed to be hight of 68 degrees by late afternoon. Stinking arctic cold air moving off east, finally! 

• Out2gtcha likes this
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, and a fool from any direction"

#50 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 21,560 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

So bizarre.............-10F/-23C in the AM with a windchill of -20F/-28 to start the week, and 31F/-0C here now, expected to be near 50F/10C here today! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users