Ki-43-II Hayabusa | Hasegawa 1:48

Kendzior

Hi, Mates

Starting this simultaneously with 1:32nd Hayabusa - will be good to see them both next to each other.

A slightly different approach, as I'm going to use a resin cockpit from SBS (just amazing), photo-etched parts and some other upgrades - so that the level of detail will not be less than in 1:32nd - if not better.

RebHbC.jpg

05PEfh.jpg

njGmet.jpg

Feel free to comment.

Best regards

Hubert

• 2 months later...
At last, I found some time for the smaller Oscar.
Before I assemble and paint the interior, it was necessary to cut off the part of the fuselage behind the pilot's seat,  - I'm going to put a much better resin element from SBS into this place.

a1ZGOd.jpg

tCv8Mz.jpg

Best regards
Hubert

I'm not at all familiar with SBS. Can you tell me more about them?

It's a Hungarian company, their resin after-market products and decals IMO are among the best available anywhere.

Just love their resin cockpits in 1:48th scale, crisp, delicate, full of details.

Unfortunately I don't think they do anything in 1:32nd scale. 

http://www.sbsmodel.com

Best regards

Hubert

It's a Hungarian company, their resin after-market products and decals IMO are among the best available anywhere.

Just love their resin cockpits in 1:48th scale, crisp, delicate, full of details.

Best regards

Hubert

Excellent, thanks for the link. I have quite a few 1:48 birds to eventually get to, so extra detail sets for them will always be welcome.

• 1 month later...

Best regards

Hubert

Thks been bookmarked ;)

• 6 months later...

Well, it's been a while, indeed...  

But this kit hasn't gone to the shelf of doom, from time to time I take it and do some little things, mainly adding details in the cockpit. Time to catch-up to its bigger brother.

uZgNjq.jpg

zxMRAD.jpg

AHgH3e.jpg

2zmtLD.jpg

The floor had to be thinned, to make it fit above the wheel wells in the fuselage.

The pilot's seat waiting for the paint, and of course, the instrument panel, which will receive some detail using the etched parts and the acetate film for the dials - both from the SBS set.

Best regards

Hubert

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...