1/32 Hurricane

Radub

good on you Radu,

congratulations but it is well deserved as its so much on another level than most of us mere mortals...not that we don't aspire but definitely a worthy first place.

I must say though, I agree with the sentiment that first place just doesn't seem enough recognition. Perhaps its just that the model competition is so local and not global like our LSP community. For me maybe if FSM had a model of the year Jet ( Pierre) and Prop ( Radu) then that would be nice.

congrats again Matt

Thanks everyone for the kind words, they are truly appreciated.

As for "recognition", I am happy with the awards received by this model. "Best of show" was awarded to a beautifully crafted model.

Two models I thought would comprehensively beat my model - a Mig 15 beyond superlatives and and a stunning MiG21UB did not fare that well (they got a "commendation" and respectively "nothing"). I guess judging moves in mysterious ways.

I had a great time and really enjoyed the show.

Radu

Radub,

This is one beautiful model! I'm glad I have been following your build here. After seeing it in person, one would take hours to see half of the work you put into it if you didn't know about much of the details before hand. A well deserved 1st!!!

Gary

Thanks everyone again for the kind words.

What's next? I am not sure, I am torn between at least four different models. Whichever it will be, it will involve a lot less scratchbuilt parts. I need a "relaxed build" before I return to this kind of big project.

Radu

Radub

Very well done mate, half my model is just out of shot, the Ki-84 Hayate. It looks like I won something as well but I had to leave early and a mate picked up my model for me. I don't suppose you can remember what it was? I know it's a long shot. I agree with you about the Mig's.

Hi Jamie,

So that was yours? It kind of looked familiar allright. :( Nice model.

Your Frank got "Bronze" and "Winner of IPMS Italy"

IPMS Italy Trophy is "Best Axis Aircraft" - you beat me to it :D , my mdel was entered into the IPMS Italy trophy as well. Well done.

Congratulations for your awards.

Radu

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Rad,

Somehow I managed to miss this entire build. Of course at my age I miss alot anyway. I must however comment on your use of elegant simplicity to great effect. Lovely piece of work and well deserved of its winnings. Your skill, patience and attention to detail sets your work apart. I look forward to many more of your projects. Simply masterful.

Regards,

Geoff