HPH helldiver, folded wing options ?

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

I'm thinking of buying the HPH Helldiver but really want to fold the wings. I wonder if any members that have one of the kits could tell me if they think it's possible without destroying the wings on the kit? Certainly don;t want to ruin an expensive kit.

Thanks

Guest Clunkmeister

Any thing's possible, but I'm not sure on how it would affect the PE flaps and dive brakes. My kit's in the closet, I'll need to pull it out and look.

The kit does NOT have a wing fold option in the kit, so you're talking modifications to some gorgeous resin wings and scratch building the entire wing fold mechanism.

HPH is good about sending out replacement parts if you nuke the wings, but my biggest concern is still the flaps. I can't remember where the wing fold is in relation to the flaps.

Maybe go on HPHs website and download the Helldiver instructions. Then you can look. They're a free download.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Maxim

Thanks. Understand it doesn't have the fold option and was hoping that someone that had one could do a quick visual on the wings if they think it was possible. Building the fold mechanism and inside of the wing will not be an issue, just plastic and soldered brass etc.

Flaps are not a problem as they are separate parts for inner and outer wing sections.

So you can do all the scratch building, you will just need strong link between the two wing sections as the outer part will still be heavy.