Warning: Joydecals

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

Last month I ordered 2 decal sheets from Joy Decals. I was charged a flat rate of $25.00 for postage, which I consider outrageous, and the order was shipped to an address I haven't lived at for 4 years, in spite of the fact that I had specified my current address on the order form.

Joydecals has ignored 4 different communications to correct this problem. I am disputing the order at Paypal.

Buyer beware: Joydecals does not deal fairly.

• Shawn M, mpk, Joel_W and 1 other like this

#2 vince14

vince14

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

I'm confused. If you thought that $25 for postage was outrageous, why on earth did you place an order with them?
  • Rick Griewski, Bill Cross and Joel_W like this

#3 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

I was hoping that when I received the package to see that the postage was only a placeholder and that I would have been only charged the actual package. Yes, probably unwise, but those particular sheets appear to only be sold through joydecals :(

#4 R Palimaka

R Palimaka

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

If you paid them through Paypal, the incorrect address might be because of the default street address they have on your Paypal account. It happened to me once. I wasn't paying attention while doing the check-out and Paypal inserted a previous address which I had been using. Fortunately my old house was bought by friends who just forwarded it to me.

Just my experience anyway.

Richard

• Martinnfb, Bill Cross and Clunkmeister like this

#5 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

No, I made certain to set the delivery address to my current address. I got caught by that one before.

• R Palimaka, Clunkmeister and CANicoll like this

#6 phasephantomphixer

phasephantomphixer

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

More like "No Joy Decals"

Hope it gets resolved, thanks for the word

• LSP_Typhoonattack and coogrfan like this

#7 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:21 AM

The dispute process at Paypal does work. Now he's agreed to ship to the proper address.

• CANicoll, Shaka HI and Joel_W like this

#8 Shaka HI

Shaka HI

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:04 AM

Thank you for the heads up!

#9 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

I'm assuming you hadn't ordered from them before, how they even get an old mailing address for you to use if it wasn't through the paypal payment address?

#10 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

So, no joy?  :innocent:

WARNING! Member, MPK, has a brain that is slowly losing function. Some posts may appear strange. If this makes one uncomfortable, I urge one to place MPK on ignore. MPK will try to post as little as possible. If and when will be questions regarding modelling only.

MPK.

#11 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

I was charged a flat rate of $25.00 for postage

I would complain as their website clearly states  We use a Flat Shipping Rate of $30 for one up to eight Decals. All International order are shipped via Registered Airmail and include Insurance against loss or damage.

:D

I often wonder why they let themselves get into a position like this, the delivery was insured and the negative publicity on line they get costs them more than the cost of the decals and postage.

http://joydecals.com/about-us/

They do seem to be a one man band who has grown his hobby, I just hope it does not effect his business to much.

Edited by TonyT, 16 June 2017 - 10:09 AM.

• MARU5137 likes this

#12 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:47 PM

I'm assuming you hadn't ordered from them before, how they even get an old mailing address for you to use if it wasn't through the paypal payment address?

No, I had ordered from them about 5 years ago, and had no trouble, This is why I was so disappointed this time.

• CANicoll likes this

#13 Joel_W

Joel_W

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Jessica,

Thank goodness for Pay Pal, it does indeed make buying with confidence so much easier. Glad that you're getting your decals replaced.

Joel

• CANicoll likes this

​ 57JzwY.jpg

Just Completed: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale A-4E Scooter

On my Bench: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Scale AV-10A Bronco

#14 CANicoll

CANicoll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Isn't it amazing that what I would think is basic customer service just seems to be falling apart all over the place, but GOOD customer service seems the exception.

I mean to post a message, and I'll do that separately, but I ordered five things from UMM-USA - three modeling jigs, two decal/mask sets.  I placed the order in the morning sometime, and by mid afternoon received the shipping information. On a SATURDAY!  I was super pleased.  Then, got an email with a note of apology that one of the mask sets I ordered was damaged and they didn't ship it, and they did the refund.  VERY cool and I sent a note back thanking them for the fast service and appreciated the note about the mask.

Super good service from UMM-USA.

Chris

• phasephantomphixer, Gazzas and Joel_W like this

#15 Joel_W

Joel_W

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Isn't it amazing that what I would think is basic customer service just seems to be falling apart all over the place, but GOOD customer service seems the exception.

I mean to post a message, and I'll do that separately, but I ordered five things from UMM-USA - three modeling jigs, two decal/mask sets.  I placed the order in the morning sometime, and by mid afternoon received the shipping information. On a SATURDAY!  I was super pleased.  Then, got an email with a note of apology that one of the mask sets I ordered was damaged and they didn't ship it, and they did the refund.  VERY cool and I sent a note back thanking them for the fast service and appreciated the note about the mask.

Super good service from UMM-USA.

Chris

Chris,

I've had numerous transactions with UMM-USA, and his personal service is simply top notch. It's a part time business for  him, so it takes a little longer to get things mailed out, but that's no big deal. Every issue or question I've ever had, has been answered quickly and correctly. 

Joel

• JohnB, CANicoll and Gazzas like this

​ 57JzwY.jpg

Just Completed: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale A-4E Scooter

On my Bench: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Scale AV-10A Bronco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users