Photo

Kitty Hawk 1/32 F-5E Tiger II ( later release )

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#16 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

Ethiopian Air Force decals please!

How many US pilots downed 5 Migs in a war?

EtAF Lagesse Teferre did so with his F-5E over Ogaden against the Somalian Air Force, Shooting down 2 Mig-17, 2 Mig-21, had a shared victory and caused a mid-air collision of 2 Mig-21 in a dogfight...

The true Mig killer.

Regards

- dutik

• Lothar and David66 like this

#17 HobbyZoneUSA

HobbyZoneUSA

LSP Junkie

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

FYI, Glen (Kitty Hawk) advises that the 1/32 F-5E is indeed coming in March barring any logistics problems. He also mentioned that the Su-17 Fitter kit sold out before they even left China. What you see is all we get until they can do a second production run. 

• LSP_Typhoonattack, David66 and Peterpools like this

Michael Benolkin

Owner at HobbyZone USA (www.hobbyzone.biz)

Owner/publisher/bottlewasher at Cybermodeler Online (www.cybermodeler.com)

Owner/publisher at F-100.org (www.f-100.org)

#18 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 25,300 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

FYI, Glen (Kitty Hawk) advises that the 1/32 F-5E is indeed coming in March barring any logistics problems. He also mentioned that the Su-17 Fitter kit sold out before they even left China. What you see is all we get until they can do a second production run. 

Good news indeed, on both counts.

• David66 and Peterpools like this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#19 David66

David66

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:13 AM

EtAF Lagesse Teferre did so with his F-5E over Ogaden against the Somalian Air Force, Shooting down 2 Mig-17, 2 Mig-21, had a shared victory and caused a mid-air collision of 2 Mig-21 in a dogfight...

The true Mig killer.

Regards

- dutik

Impressive! Although I think Steve Ritchie, Robin Olds (USAF) and Randy Cunningham (USN) also achieved ace status in Vietnam.... Please don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong and it's way too late to go digging through my refs. :D!

Either way, I am happy as Larry about the F-5E, just hope they produce an F-5F as well..... 

• Hans and Martinnfb like this

#20 Backswampcub

Backswampcub

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

I can finally stop chasing that hasegawa kit on ebay. I hate redoing panel lines so this is great news for me.
  • Harold, LSP_Typhoonattack and David66 like this

#21 Dandiego

Dandiego

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

Impressive! Although I think Steve Ritchie, Robin Olds (USAF) and Randy Cunningham (USN) also achieved ace status in Vietnam.... Please don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong and it's way too late to go digging through my refs. :D!

Either way, I am happy as Larry about the F-5E, just hope they produce an F-5F as well.....

Don't forget Willie Driscoll.

Dan
  • David66 likes this

#22 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:33 PM

Close. Olds scored only four times in the Nam.

Still outpaced by Teferre with 6 1/2 observed kills (4 1/2 officially accepted). All the Ethiopian F-5 pilots were trained by the US Air Force in Arizona, btw.

March? Could be here in Europe for my birthday. Would make a nice addition to the cabinet.

Regards

- dutik

• David66 likes this

#23 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:14 PM

Don't forget Willie Driscoll.
Dan

Or USAF WSO's Chuck DeBellevue and Jeff Feinstein

Tony
  • David66 likes this
Finally spraying again

#24 f5guy

f5guy

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

I saw this announcement over at Cyber Modeler too, and couldn't believe my eyes :D  I've been waiting for a new tool F-5E/F for a long, long time now. The Hasegawa E has held up well over the years, but by the time I add a resin cockpit to it, and re-scribe it, it turns into a very time consuming project, and free time is something that I just don't have a lot of these days. It would be nice to turn out an aggressor in a few months, instead of a few years!

And Kitty Hawk..... you MUST (I beg you!) do an F-5F as well. There's never been one in 32nd scale before. If KH does a good job with the kit, they'll sell me 15+ kits... no joke. There's a ton of aggressors that I want to do! And the potential for decals...... wow! Fred K.

• David66 and Dragon like this

#25 f5guy

f5guy

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

The true Mig killer.

Regards

- dutik

Interesting..... where did you come across this info? Everything that I've ever read was that it was their F-5A's that we're responsible for the Somali MiG kills. You have my attention ;0) Fred K.

• David66 likes this

#26 f5guy

f5guy

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:58 PM

If memory serves me correctly, Capt. Jeffery Feinstein got five kills in Vietnam as well as a RIO. Col. Olds got four, but reportedly let someone else have number five on more than one occasion. So I've read anyway..... Fred K.

• David66 likes this

#27 f5guy

f5guy

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:59 PM

I can finally stop chasing that hasegawa kit on ebay. I hate redoing panel lines so this is great news for me.

Roger that! :yahoo: Fred K.

• David66 likes this

#28 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

Interesting..... where did you come across this info? Everything that I've ever read was that it was their F-5A's that we're responsible for the Somali MiG kills. You have my attention ;0) Fred K.

Tom Cooper digs thankfully through the known and unknown wars in that part of the world. His book "Wings over Ogaden", number 18 of the Africa@war series, is an interesting read. I guess there is no other book telling the history of an air forces that mentions the beginning of the Homo sapiens...

Well, the EtAF mustered both F-5A and F-5Es and utilized both in aerial combat, but the E was wired for the Sidewinder, the A not. Not to forget that the A was developed for close air support as main task, while the E was focused on air-to-air combat and a better dogfighter in all aspects. So the major part of airial combat was given to the Es and they scored well...

Regards

- dutik

#29 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

I saw this announcement over at Cyber Modeler too, and couldn't believe my eyes :D  I've been waiting for a new tool F-5E/F for a long, long time now. The Hasegawa E has held up well over the years, but by the time I add a resin cockpit to it, and re-scribe it, it turns into a very time consuming project, and free time is something that I just don't have a lot of these days. It would be nice to turn out an aggressor in a few months, instead of a few years!

And Kitty Hawk..... you MUST (I beg you!) do an F-5F as well. There's never been one in 32nd scale before. If KH does a good job with the kit, they'll sell me 15+ kits... no joke. There's a ton of aggressors that I want to do! And the potential for decals...... wow! Fred K.

Making me wonder what is happening at Tan Model with their 1/32 T-38 Talon and F-5A/B Freedom Fighter.
Have been hankering after a Norwegian RF-5A for some time.

Tony
  • timvkampen, David66 and Peterpools like this
Finally spraying again

#30 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

and that would make hashing a "Frankenfighter" all the easier.. :frantic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users