Revel and Hasegawa Fw 190F-8 kits - a comparison

D Bellis

There is room for both. We need to realize that.

Very much so.

We'd like for anyone who cares about it being perfect to feel that they can continue analysis or discussion in the knowledge that those that care can contribute.  Creating that space continues to be as much of a staffing effort as ensuring civility.

Within reasonable expectations, (albeit subjective) so far so good though.

Matty

• 8 months later...

13_zpsqyy1r6hl.jpg

Not the best image, but hopefully worth some comparisons of the canopy parts:

14_zpsnw7jpkl7.jpg

15_zps5wvfhhpi.jpg

16_zpszsqswc55.jpg

17_zps3xwe3uax.jpg

BTW, the "fictional" shrouds at the wheelwell on the Revell kit REALLY do exist on the real thing. The Hasegawa kit just doesn't have them.. :)

BTW, the "fictional" shrouds at the wheelwell on the Revell kit REALLY do exist on the real thing. The Hasegawa kit just doesn't have them.. :)

Discussed on pages 4 through at least page 6, particularly in Post #65.

Thanks for dragging this old thread up from the depths, though. :)

Cheers,

D

Discussed on pages 4 through at least page 6, particularly in Post #65.

Thanks for dragging this old thread up from the depths, though. :)

Cheers,

D

Lol, I had only read the review and not the comments. I guess I should've drilled a little deeper.. The Tamiya kit also shows these shrouds and I think it's interesting that the Hasegawa kit doesn't have them. Anywhoooo......

• 4 months later...

A good point Jen. I'll say that I appreciate the time that goes into a discussion like this simply because I realize there are a lot of other modellers that are willing to seek out these details, and that I can pick-and-choose a kit, and to what degree I want to detail it up. MY level of accuracy is ALWAYS going to be greater or lesser than another modellers, and I'm okay with that.

I'll remind people that the "Tweaks list" is intended as a guide for those seeking enlightenment through better, more accurate model building, and enhancement of ones skillset. This thread is in line with that premise.

Thanks for the comparison, I have the Revell kit and all the Eduard goodies that fix many of the issues. The rest are easily handled with knife and putty so I'm content

:thumbsup: :frantic: :popcorn: .

I built the Hasegawa kit well over 25 years ago so the Revell gives new ground to do again.
This is the Hasegawa kit in diorama with 1:35 vehicles/figures, the vehicles posed behind (optimum viewing angle) give deeper perspective to offset the slightly difference scales.

falleneagle1.jpg

falleneagle2.jpg

Edited by 32tragic

Hey Terry it really doesn't matter about people they come in all sizes so 35th or 32nd means little!

25 years ago is the old tool,Hasegawa Released a new tool kit not that long ago which is way better and still IMO better than Revells.

Nice Diorama!

Edited by Darren Howie

Beautiful dio, Terry! Great use of vehicles with aircraft, and great idea to set the 1/35th stuff in the background to reduce the scale difference!

I still have my 1/35th Bf109 that I hope to one day use in a similar type dio.

• 7 years later...

Resurrecting this thread with a request: there's been discussion here about the spinner's dimensions, but could anyone who has either kit measure the outer diameter of the cowl rings for me? Especially the outer diameter of part 36 of the Revell kit. I'm curious if the equivalent part from Hasegawa has a different size.