1/18 Fairey Firefly VX376

airscale

And there was me thinking you were going to do a 1/32nd HP Hastings next...

Still, I'm sure I, along with thousands of your loyal fans, will be able to get by watching this latest masterclass emerge from your highly skilled hands.

Joking aside, a great choice for your next project, Peter!

Will hopefully catch up properly at Telford.

Tom

Edited by tomprobert

Dear Peter

A Firefly?!?

I was hoping for something with more compound curvature (perhaps a bare metal Westland Wyvern or similar) as a challenge for your metal plating technique!

Well, you can certainly recompense us, by fitting the Firefly with a fully detailed engine! (>> Showtime for three years instead of two).

;o)

Thanks in advance!

Joerg

:innocent:

Edited by BlackCanopy

I've commented on Britmodeller about my excitement to follow this project, but

Well, you can certainly recompense us, by fitting the Firefly with a fully detailed engine! 

^^ I am fully behind this. If I don't see removable cowls over the Griffon I will be mildly displeased!  :popcorn:

Hi folks :)

Delighted you made the right choice, have the Panther Models 1/32 kit so will be following closely, hope Paul Fisher does too!!!

I have been speaking to Paul about it and hope to help the process along where I can :) A Firefly in 1/32 would be a most welcome addition methinks

Check your emails Peter

VX.388 will be along shortly.

Hi Steve - abolutely knockout - what you sent me (233 close up pics of VX388, just a few airframes up from this one) are utterly out of this world - a million thanks :)

Wow. Get the Popcorn!

But whatever became of the F7F?

david

Hi David - the F7F is in the holding pattern for now, I learned a lot making it and it needs about 6 months work to finish it so I need to feel the time is right to go back

Peter,

Thanks to your magnifcentness and seeminly straightforward creativity I got my mojo back to have another go at scratchbuilding a HP 0/400.

Thanks

Cees

Hi Cees - that sounds as if I have achieved a goal then - I love it if my threads help people learn new things, try them or even go back to something they started like your 0/400 :)

Dear Peter

A Firefly?!?

I was hoping for something with more compound curvature (perhaps a bare metal Westland Wyvern or similar) as a challenge for your metal plating technique!

Well, you can certainly recompense us, by fitting the Firefly with a fully detailed engine! (>> Showtime for three years instead of two).

;o)

Thanks in advance!

Joerg

Hi Joerg - well a Firefly is pretty curvy so I think will be quite challenging. I did consider a Wyvern as HpH do a 1/18 kit but the kit is of the later tall tail version & the one in Southampton (I think) I would get reference pics from is an early TF1 so a very different airframe so I dropped the idea

as for the engine - while I like the idea - that is another 6 months on the build, so I am learning to control my urges as far as opening everything up goes, and won't be doing that. This one has both the pilots & observers position full of clutter so will be months and months of detail anyway :)

speaking of which - I am still making PE - its nearly finished now & I have made virtually every component that can be seen inside and most of the panels & hatches outside - this is the interior fret before full layout where everything is attatched to each other...

WIP12_zpseaqbal06.jpg

I hope to get these made up next week along with the second fret with all the airframe parts & actually the plan is hopefully some of this can be repurposed for the Fisher kit, though I know Paul plans a number of variants & this is basically everything in a TT Mk5

..also next week I want to get started on the fuselage, so hope to see things start to take shape then :)

TTFN

Peter