1/32 Silver Wings PZL P.11c

Silver Wings

Mw too, Yeah, this is not just an Aeroplane it is an Icon of resistance and fight of Polish Nation against oppression . Have to have for sure. in total of 285 LW planes were lost according to RLM records, with at least 110 victories credited to the P.11 for the loss of 100 of their own. Under the given conditions in 1939, those are some pretty impressive and heroic numbers.  

One, thing maybe it matters... and please take the following as a bit of "friendly advice".

I think that the current "purchasing method" is cumbersome if not downright discouraging. I managed to convince my wife to get me one of these PZL P.11 as a Christmas present. I gave her the link and she went to the website. The "order now" button led to a "price enquiry" communication interface. In other words my wife had to start a two way communication and then wait for you to write back with a price, any price. She called me and we looked at the "system". It makes absolutely no sense to me why there is no price there, why there is no shopping cart system that calculates the total including shipping. So, she moved on to the next thing on the "Christmas wish list", so, sorry Silver Wings, you lost at least one customer there... 

You must keep in mind that coming up to Christmas a lot of wives and girlfriends will be coming to your shop to purchase. In many cases they will be doing that "reluctantly", after a lot of pleading (my wife knows I have a lot of models already...), and they will look for the slightest excuse to "give up". They expect a smooth purchase, Amazon-style. They do not want to have long heart-to-heart enquiries about prices. You make it easy for them to "give up". Fix your website! Fix it today, you are running out of the "run up to Christmas" window of opportunity. 

Radu 

One, thing maybe it matters... and please take the following as a bit of "friendly advice".

I think that the current "purchasing method" is cumbersome if not downright discouraging. I managed to convince my wife to get me one of these PZL P.11 as a Christmas present. I gave her the link and she went to the website. The "order now" button led to a "price enquiry" communication interface. In other words my wife had to start a two way communication and then wait for you to write back with a price, any price. She called me and we looked at the "system". It makes absolutely no sense to me why there is no price there, why there is no shopping cart system that calculates the total including shipping. So, she moved on to the next thing on the "Christmas wish list", so, sorry Silver Wings, you lost at least one customer there...

You must keep in mind that coming up to Christmas a lot of wives and girlfriends will be coming to your shop to purchase. In many cases they will be doing that "reluctantly", mafter a lot of pleading (my wife knows I have a lot of models already...), and they will look for the slightest excuse to "give up". They expect a smooth purchase, Amazon-style. They do not want to have long heart-to-heart enquiries about prices. You make it easy for them to "give up". Fix your website! Fix it today, you are running out of the "run up to Christmas" window of opportunity.

Radu

I could not agree more the site is very frustrating!

When looking to buy the FIRST thing I want to know is the price. It should be immediately visible to the would be purchaser.

Barry

You must keep in mind that coming up to Christmas a lot of wives and girlfriends will be coming to your shop to purchase. In many cases they will be doing that "reluctantly", after a lot of pleading (my wife knows I have a lot of models already...), and they will look for the slightest excuse to "give up". They expect a smooth purchase, Amazon-style. They do not want to have long heart-to-heart enquiries about prices. You make it easy for them to "give up". Fix your website! Fix it today, you are running out of the "run up to Christmas" window of opportunity. 

Radu 

Maybe it's because Simon usually makes a discount when you order several kits. Maybe difficult to manage with an automatic webshop.

That may not seem very handy, but it's nice as well to have conversation with the shop owner. Webshops are great, i almost buy everything i need on the internet nowadays, but that's a bit impersonnal. So having to make orders by email doesnt really bother me, and i already do that with several other sellers, GT resin, Lukgraph (ok, i know, there was a clash with SW...), Zotz, AMS...

Edited by Zero77

Whilst not ideal, Silver Wings system allows Simon to compute rebates for multiple purchases, and they had one for returning customers as well. Finally, although I have no fisrt hand experience, Euroepan customers have to pay VAT, but not customers from other parts of the world. That is another variable that hopefully Silver Wings take into account. All of them could be integrated in a single system I guess, but let you not be rebuked by the current way of working. It is quite smooth in the end.

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

Zero77 - yes it's also limited in that way.

Radub - for some reasons we can't just start selling as usual web shop, so this part won't change. I'm pretty sure the one who's really interested won't find such trivial thing a big obstacle. Hope your wife can change priorities on her Christmas list ;)

Guys - thank you all, we've put our hearts in this model :)

Zero77 - yes it's also limited in that way.

Radub - for some reasons we can't just start selling as usual web shop, so this part won't change. I'm pretty sure the one who's really interested won't find such trivial thing a big obstacle. Hope your wife can change priorities on her Christmas list ;)

Guys - thank you all, we've put our hearts in this model :)

How much is the kit?

Barry

As I said, mine was just a bit of "friendly advice" from a potential customer. It is, of course, your prerogative to do whatever you want with your own company. 

It is too late for my Christmas present. I know she already picked my present and I know for sure it is not the PZL. I may get a PZL eventually, but it looks like there will not be one under my Christmas tree this year. 

I have no problem with "conversation". I was in touch with Simon from Silver Wings on this subject a couple of years ago and I offered him my full support on this or any other subjects. I still have their email address. So, I have "means of contact". But I was not talking about me. I was talking about wives, girlfriends, grannies, that old uncle, whatever, people not directly related to models. Some of these people may not be entirely "computer literate". Some of these people may mistrust the internet because someone told them some scary story. Some of these people do not want to buy you models because they regard them as an "addiction" and buying you more will be "feeding the beast". I am talking about "casual passers-by", not the hard-core experienced internet shopper. All of these people will simply give up for any of the above reasons and go to Amazon where they can buy securely with one click. The Silver Wings website simply offers too many opportunities to give up.

That is all I am saying!

Radu  

Some of these people do not want to buy you models because they regard them as an "addiction" and buying you more will be "feeding the beast".

How do you know ? Did you talk to my wife or parents ?

Edited by Zero77

Is there anybody who know if Simon is there? I sent an email last thursday to have a price for the P.11 and other kits , but unfortunately i did not have an answer at the moment.

I just wonder if the email adress i'm using is still working? (it was working last year, though)

Edited by Zero77

I received an email from Simon on Friday I believe it was. He said he was having issues with responding to PMs and emails from the Silver Wing email address were being rejected. He replied to me from his personal email.

Barry