Revell Bf-109 G10 Erla - Green 7

Nic C.D.

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a nice display case like you, John (woow).

I am a little in a 109 mood lately. I dug up my Eduard E-4 Galland last night and I have another Revell K-4 nearby. But that G-10 Trumpeter is releasing will end up on my desk too - I want to give a kit with open engine a go. 

Nic

Well Anders, I mixed the colours myself. The blue of the decals I found to be too bright. When I look at the photo of the real aircraft, I was surprized how little contrast there was between the blue and the white. 

I have looked at many photos, profiles and models of JG300 and the blue ranges from dark to very pale. I once saw a very nice built Fw-190 of JG300 with quite light blue that looked just right. Now, I didn't find a paint colour that looked right, so I mixed it with blue, white and a tiny drop of light grey. I just hope it's realistic...

This kit makes me want to build more late war 109's (thank you Revell...) and experiment with colours. I hope some are not too far off base. I'd like to do some 190 A's too, but their impossible to find in 1/32 here at the moment... A friend of mine gave me a Revell D9, so I guess that'll be on the desk when I get a chance!

Nic 

Thanks! That's as I suspected. It seems I and II./JG300 used a much brighter blue than III. and IV./JG300. The brighter version is hard to get right but I think you captured the low contrast well!

If you want to check out more 109's, especially Erla G-10's, do check my blog: http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.se/search/label/Barracudacals

/Anders

Edited by Cpt_Farrel

Beautifully done Nic. Especially like your choice of colours and paintwork. The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the treatment of the fabric stitching on the rudder and elevators. Not your doing but Revel's and the raised circles on the trailing edges of the elevators, they really have to go.

Really like your build though and I'm looking forward to having this kit in my hands soon!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Tom and Wolf !

I have to agree on the raised circles, Wolf. I'm building this one out of box, but I'll start another one soon and I will probably change that. There are a couple of small things that can use modification in this kit, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it. 

One thing that would have been a nice addition to the kit: the inner wing panels with the small wheel bulges. Some nice looking Erla G-10's have small wheels, but these can't be made... Maybe a hint for Revell? They have them in the G-6, so that wouldn't be to hard to do, right?

Anyway; here is a little progress: a coat flat varnish and a little more weathering. 

Foto-MG4VHTEQ-D.jpg

Not the best of photos, but hey, I'm not a photographer!

Foto-MBM8BR7U-D.jpg

This snapshot shows the right wing. Notice that I repainted the tabs - they used to be red, but that was wrong!

Foto-8R3ZOSGD-D.jpg

And one more:

Foto-QVJOIRBR-D.jpg

Now it is time to do the landing gear and the tiny details. Almost there!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Nic

I like this odd bird of yours,

i like them 109s. and the job is superior of yours.....

I really like the weathering, paintjob, scheme...its spot on....

This one ill wait till its in the finnished section......want to se this beauty finnished.

So keep it coming.

/Mal

You are too kind, gentlemen. Thanks for stopping by. 

Mal, I like your rammjaeger too, pretty impressive what you've been doing with the landing gear bay. 

I have to say, this Revell kit really makes me want to build more 109's. I've been thinking about building another Erla G-10, but with the small wheel bulges. For this, I need the inner wingpanels of the G-6. But I don't want to get rid of an entire G-6 just for those parts, but thankfully my friend Kees helped me out: I'll be building a G-6 with the big wheel bulges. I can just switch the wing parts of the two boxes! 

The only thing is... I really like the White 14 that Anders did for Barracuda. So, I guess I'm not done with late war 109's!   

But first, finishing this one!

Nic