190D cowl flap pictures - FOUND

BiggTim

Can anyone point me to some good pictures of the inside of the cowl flaps on a 190 Dora, particularly the actuators? My books don't have any good close ones, nor can I locate what I need online. Thanks for the help,

Tim

Update: Jerry Crandall was kind enough to send me a couple of shots from his Yellow 10 archives of the cowl flap actuators. I am posting them here with his blessing, enjoy!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by BiggTim

Hi Tim,

There are some pictures and a diagram in the Crandall Books. I think it's in the section dealing with the D-13 rebuild. There isn't an actuator rod for every flap, some are moved by straps from adjacent flaps. For instance, the very bottom one hasn't got a rod as there are two coolant pipes from the radiator to the engine block right in the way. So it's connected by straps to the next ones each side.

Of course, I only noticed this after I'd drilled every single flap on every single one of my builds in Focke Factory on WIP forum.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Every time one somebody asks for pictures of a rare place/part/whatever, I find myself seeing what I can dredge up on the web because you have incited my curiosity.  I have to say I haven't found anything useful in English, and my German is limited.

Gaz

Try this. My added lines are where the flap joining strips are fitted.  This is for D-13 and Ta-152, D-9 wont have the flap joints on the right hand side as that flap is fixed closed.

37101840494_51a30b469a_b.jpgUntitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

37101850924_c671a847ce_b.jpgUntitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

37101841974_2ddcd95e54_c.jpgUntitled by Bruce Crosby, on Flickr

Edited by Bruce_Crosby