Trumpeter MiG-29A Coming Soon!

LSP_Kevin

Would be up for a Trumpeter Finback and Vigorous Dragon too, esp. the J-10B

The Su-15TM Flagon and MiG-25RB Foxbat remain out-of-reach desires, though we can dream that AMK might do 1/32 MiG-25/31 versions, however unlikely as they seem committed to quarter inch to the foot. And these are pretty big even in that scale!

We can but dream

Tony

The only downside is : am i still motivated enough to build my old Revell kit with the ton of Zacto resin?

depends if Cold War Studio will be releasing (relatively soon) the front-end fuselage... in this case maybe the old Revell kit could still be your best bet  :coolio:

I also have all the Zacto goodies for the Revell kit and the C.W.S. cockpit and in my dreams I will be building a Revell (full optional Zacto/C.W.S.) 9.13 and a Trumpy 9.12, so that I can compare them.

Edited by Luca

even with a new front fuselage the revell kit will never be accuarate, there is no part in this kit that resembles the real thing. you just cant build an accurate early 29 from it, no matter what you do (and god knows i´ve tried), it would be a complete scratch build. judging from thier latest releases, the trumpy kit can only be better.

Indeed! I can only confirm what Karl wrote!

No area of the Revell kit is accurately shaped or detailed. The only correct thing is: the general dimensions of the plane!

In spite of the differences between MiG-29 generations, the Trumpeter M kit is a better starting point than the Revell so-called A. Hopefully this will change soon...

No area of the Revell kit is accurately shaped or detailed. The only correct thing is: the general dimensions of the plane!

Do you mean only lenght and wingspan?

I know it's highly unaccurate, but however when i look at some nicely built Revell Mig-29 (without a caliper in the hand !), they look quite good. Maybe a bit of weirdness in some areas, but they looks like a Mig-29.

But i agree a new modern tooling would be greatly welcome !

I for one am really and truly thrilled by this news! I will be holding out for a C though, hope that doesn't come too much later.

I also invested in the Zacto combo set and the Cold War Studio cockpit, the pylons and missiles from the combo set should look fantastic on any Mig-29 kit, I will be hoping tongetbthe Cold War Studio cockpit to fit these.

Cheers,

Marcel

• 5 months later...