S-3B Viking - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, I mostly use needles for small rivets and fasterners and cut syringes for bigger fasterners. I first mark them with a calliper and then punch them with one of aforementioned tools. 

Holiday is over and I managed to make some progress on the Viking. Surface details aren't complete yet but a coat of Mr Surfacer and some FS36375 makes that chunk of plastic look more like a Viking.

img_2863i1srv.jpg

The engines were sanded, primed and painted.

img_286761s8j.jpg

img_2866h3s85.jpg

img_2869rgsl6.jpg

img_28685esmu.jpg

Obviously, I didn't sand the fan properly, so I ripped it out again, re-sanded and primed again. I hope they'll look better once painted this time.

img_290693s7g.jpg

img_2885o2sc8.jpg

The bomb and landing gear bays don't look too bad. With a few more wires and other details added, they should turn out OK.

img_28863jsli.jpg

Edited by Starfighter

Still looking awesome!  Seems you are in the home stretch now.  I have a question for you.  I notice you are using MRP's airbrush cleaner and was wondering how it works?  I ask because I always use cheap lacquer thinner from Lowes to clean up my airbrush after spraying with Mr. Color paint.  Now that I am using MRP, the cheap stuff doesn't quite work all that great.  It works great for Mr. Color but not MRP.  Does the MRP clean well for you?

Thanks,

Bryan