I Hearby Swear NOT to Buy that Kit!

Bill Cross

Well, I pulled the trigger and received mine last week. It was a "it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission" buy, but nonetheless, I am the proud owner of my 2nd HK B-17 (and a yit-ton of Eduard stuff). I had so much fun building the first one, I plan to start on the 2nd as soon as I finish the Yamato that's on the bench now. It will look awesome on the tarmac next to my D-Day Doll.

At least I don't have to spend $100.00 on 13 bottles of Alclad this time.

-Scott

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!

HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE....

Where, oh where, is the valiant soul who'll say "bravo, Bill, for being sensible"???????

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!

HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE....

Where, oh where, is the valiant soul who'll say "bravo, Bill, for being sensible"???????

I already said it, and I'll say it again, I'm with you Bill!! Don't buy it!!

tis why I set  cost limit on the kit, for me my cut off is $100....unless Im given funds explicitly for a kit.

For example my bday present from my father:

http://www.redfroghobbies.com/productDetail.php?id=1341

I certainly have limits too, but they tend to be variable:

$300 for a B-17?, no.

$300 for a 1:16 Jagdtiger?, oh heck yes, and in a New York minute.

Guest Smitty44

I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!

Remember the flat spot, it's fatally flawed....

Bill,

Over the years when it came to buying kits, I found that there was always some perfectly good justification to do so...then one day when preparing to move I realized...oh hell, gonna need one of those "pod" things just to move them all...lol, so I sold off piles of them. To keep myself from going down that road again, I bought a boat and moved aboard.

That provided the (physical) barrier I needed in two ways...1) the obvious and very real lack of space to build or display them, and 2) discretionary funds seem to vaporize in boat maintenance and fuel costs....

Nowadays, after living aboard for over 18 months, I am slowly building a collection of brushes, oil paints and figures.....well....at least I have room for decent collection of those ! :)

The only kits I have messed with are the small(ish) collection that I didn't sell, and most of them are in storage.

But Bill...were I in your shoes, I'D HAVE MY MITTS ALL OVER THAT B-17 KIT !!! Muahhahahahahaha.....

Joe

I would think quarter scale is even worse temptation because so many kits that aren't out in 32-scale are there to tempt you.

Yep, very true.  For example, I have an Su-2 inbound, because I thought it looked kinda neat when I was a kid (and wanted to build one of every type and variant that served during WWII (yeah right!)), and I thought it was cool that someone did a 1/48 kit of it, and then someone was selling one for $20...  Nevermind that I have far too many kits already of things I'm a lot more enthusiastic about.  What I find particularly maddening is, for example, wanting to do the whole development line of Curtiss 75/81/87 Hawks- and now "needing" to stock up in TWO scales!

But I have the ultimate justification worked out: I just like models.

bob