EDay 2017 IMPS CZ 2nd place winner. WnW Roland D.VIb Royal Prussian Ja

karimb

Just an update with the winning photo of the kit at the IPMS EDay Czech Republic contest this year September2017 in Prague. The Roland took second place in the masters category 1/39th scale and above!

The highlight of my modeling year along with spending almost a week with Jaroslav and his family!

DSC02762-XL.jpg

DSC02764-XL.jpg

DSC02723-XL.jpg

Hey guys... 

Today is quite the day for me, with a big update on the AEG and now a ready for inspection post!

Wingnut wings kit i built after a bad start on an HpH Macchi m5 and this kit really got my modeling mojo back... The kit is stupendous, everything fits where it should and how it should, a real joy to build.

It is finished in the Royal Prussian Jasta 59 aircraft that operated mid to late 1918. The black stripe and the white band on the fuselage are unconfirmed due to the lack of reliable information and are pointed out by wingnut wings on the instructions, along with the 4 or 5 color loz which are speculative. All of this opened up options as to how to depict this aircraft. 

In addition to the kit parts i used HGW's textile harness and Aviattic 4 color lozenge fabric decals (fabulous).

Engine was modified to have burnished brass tubing for pushrods and the sparkplug wiring was done with EZline thick (instead of copper wiring as a test, i prefer copper wiring although the wiring is harder to make).

Tail stand is from Taurus models, and will be used in a future dio i will be doing for this aircraft.

The rigging was done with EZline and Bob's buckles along with type A turnbuckles from Gaspatch. 

The woodgrain was done using paper templates, RB productions woodgrain templates and oils. 

Weathering overall was done with oil washes, oil filters, pigments and clay washes.

Paints used were Tamiya and Gunze acrylics, the metallic areas were all done with Uschi's metallic buffing pigments...

looking forward to your comments and opinions everyone!

Happy modelling!

Karim

DSC00162-XL.jpg

DSC00169-XL.jpg

DSC00172-XL.jpg

DSC00171-XL.jpg

DSC00174-XL.jpg

DSC00175-XL.jpg

DSC00178-XL.jpg

DSC00180-XL.jpg

DSC00181-XL.jpg

DSC00184-XL.jpg