Trumpeter 1/24 Messerschmitt BF109G-6 late

Sparzanza

12th of November 2013 - 24th of February, 2017. I suck. Anyway.

Build thread here!

It is done. No, I am not happy with it.

More pictures will come tomorrow when there's daylight, and I'll also give credit to all individuals that helped me achieve this. For now, I am getting some rest.

DSC00548_zpscny53jqa.jpg

DSC00549_zpsyd97h24w.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza

AH, Sparzanza, what is it you don't like buddy ? Not what I expect to see from a 1/24  109, much better ! Weathering is good. Don't see any glue bombs, from what I can see from the somewhat bad pics, the paint looks good.........Harv

Edited by Guest

Excellent!, this was long and painful journey, but at the end you did it and it seems that it was well worth the effort. :m0152:  . And if you take some more pictures outside at the daylight that would be very cool. Good for you Buddy!

Go Sweden! 

M.

Thanks guys.

Right then.

This cursed thing is finally complete. I made it about 110% worse than it could have turned out, but at least it stands completed now, with no small amount of help from you lot. A special thanks goes to:

Mark (dodgem37) - for casting A LOT of brand new parts that I needed, and then just giving them to me - and also providing me with a decal sheet. This plane would not stand here at this moment if it was not for you. Thank you.

D.B. Andrus for providing me with a lot of new cockpit wall bits, as well as the fuselage bulge things - as mine were destroyed in the previous incarnation of this bird. Thank you.

Dan (ScanmanDan) for trying to send me decal sheets all the way from the land down under - I counted two attempts - but alas, they never arrived. I apologise for all the hassle - and I thank you.

Randy (sluggo) for providing me with the paint masks for my 1/24 Dora, that had their uses for my 109 as well. Thank you.

I'd also like to thank Martinnfb, Harvey, AndersN, BGB, Peterpools, and Mal_Belford, Azgaron, Typhoonattack, mmaben - and a handful of other individuals whose names currently escape me - for never ceasing to cheer me on.

Well, I guess I'll have to show you lot this abomination. Enjoy.

DSC00550_zpsdcph3vza.jpg

DSC00551_zpsxgnbb4ym.jpg

DSC00552_zps595gdk7i.jpg

Had enough? Too bad. Here's some horrid close-ups as well:

DSC00553_zpsky219mxx.jpg

DSC00554_zpsk9deikjn.jpg

DSC00555_zpskfn0rphr.jpg

DSC00556_zps9mol2asz.jpg

DSC00557_zpsjusbokdp.jpg

DSC00558_zpspsxulvnh.jpg

DSC00559_zps6typn5xx.jpg

A few more still to come.

Edited by Sparzanza

Sure puts a smile on my face.  I'm inspired to build my Late 6.  I see nothing wrong with this build.  Except maybe the tires are not round.  Who did those anyway?!  Good work, Bjorn.  In spite of all the trials, tribulations, and roller coaster emotions brought on by this build I'm glad you persevered through it all and are able to add this to your display case.

'I forgot how to include the aircraft name in the link in my signature.'

I think that you copy and paste the link in place, highlight it, and type in what you want.

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest Peterpools

Sparz

Well done my friend and your perservariance is to be admired. One tough build and from where I sit: Aces on the build.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

AH, DB, what is it you don't like buddy ? Not what I expect to see from a 1/24  109, much better ! Weathering is good. Don't see any glue bombs, from what I can see from the somewhat bad pics, the paint looks good.........Harv

What I don't like? Everything, more or less. Thanks for tagging along.

Excellent!, this was long and painful journey, but at the end you did it and it seems that it was well worth the effort. :m0152:  . And if you take some more pictures outside at the daylight that would be very cool. Good for you Buddy!

Go Sweden! 

M.

Thank you Martin - and thank you for following along on my journey.

Looks good from Southern California!

Thank you Mike!

Sure puts a smile on my face.  I'm inspired to build my Late 6.  I see nothing wrong with this build.  Except maybe the tires are not round.  Who did those anyway?!  Good work, Bjorn.  In spite of all the trials, tribulations, and roller coaster emotions brought on by this build I'm glad you persevered through it all and are able to add this to your display case.

'I forgot how to include the aircraft name in the link in my signature.'

I think that you copy and paste the link in place, highlight it, and type in what you want.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark. I can't even begin thanking you enough for your help, and although I'm not entirely pleased with the end result - it does look acceptable from a distance... if I squint. ;)

I hope you decide to build your late 6, as I have been given another 1/24 Gustav by AndersN, just waiting for assembly - I'm certain your build would inspire me to get it started and perhaps attempt scratchbuilding bits and bobs as you would.

I think it looks pretty good, Sparz! Your photos definitely fail to do it justice, unfortunately.

Kev

Thank you for following along Kev. I'm sorry for my poor photography. I need to invest in a new phone soon anyway. This one is deteriorating quicker by the day.

Sparz

Well done my friend and your perservariance is to be admired. One tough build and from where I sit: Aces on the build.

Peter

Thank you Peter for following along, and for the high praise. Glad you like it.

Well, do I see room for improvements. The colors are horribly missmatched (must have been bad references, or old paint). The antenna wire is not broken either. The later is the easiest to fix for sure. 

It is hard to build a trumpeter 1/24. Myself I have not bought one yet since I still moan over the one I DIDN'T buy when it cost only 580:- (shipping incl.). Now I need to pay 40% more at best:P Should get around to it then I probably would need to get a fan spray AB too, because of the large surfaces. Ack!

Well, do I see room for improvements. The colors are horribly missmatched (must have been bad references, or old paint). The antenna wire is not broken either. The later is the easiest to fix for sure. 

It is hard to build a trumpeter 1/24. Myself I have not bought one yet since I still moan over the one I DIDN'T buy when it cost only 580:- (shipping incl.). Now I need to pay 40% more at best:P Should get around to it then I probably would need to get a fan spray AB too, because of the large surfaces. Ack!

Thanks for your feedback. The paints used were Humbrol's RLM colors, along with some regular ones. And indeed, the antenna wire is not broken - because I wanted to keep it intact? Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by this.