RFI - OS2U Kingfisher from KHM

Out2gtcha

Wow, thanks for all the wonderful replies guys!    Im building Glens custom shipping box right now, and am a good way through it. The model is just SO delicate because of all the little junk hanging off of it, its a bit tedious making sure all of the dimensions for the custom shipping box are correct without hitting any of that small detail stuff. 

The box will protect all of that delicate stuff, as well as locking the wings and rear fuselage into place for the journey.  I will not be having the internal foam boards that lock the model in for shipping will not be contacting the forward float, as I dont want any shock from shipping bumps to be transmitted to the forward float.

The containers I used for my commission builds are generally all the same, in that they cost a little more in $s as well as time to make but are worth it, as they are 100% re-usable, and collapsible, so Glen can transport the OS2U between shows and what-not. 

Ill see if I can put up some pics soon before shipping it out.

Thanks again all!

Guest Peterpools

Hi Brian

Absolutely a masterful build and a joy to follow form day one on. I always appreciate the extra time you take to both photograph and explain problematic assemblies/steps and your thought process on the fix.

Incredible work and what a gorgeous finish

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Jack, Justin, Peter, thanks for the kind words, and taking the time to post!

Well my record of shipping completed commission builds is in tact at 100%   YAY!     Glen let me know that the OS2U arrived to him safe and sound with 0 damage; from Omaha NE to Charlottesville VA, a distance of almost 1,200 miles.