Casualty Evacuation-Eastern Front

JRutman

How did I miss this one?!??    Great work Jerry, the figgie faces are wonderful, and as always the little things are right...................like the extreme creases in the blanket, showing weight, and then the center parts slacking.   And of course the German camo is a super cool detail on the blanket as well. 

Great stuff! 

Shawn,Bill,Boris,Mustang and Brian,

Thanks gents for the excellent comments here. It made my day for sure ! And Brian,to make a fine point here. They are using the standard German poncho to carry the poor chap. Every soldier had one and they were extremely versatile. They could be used for a rainy weather cover of course,but also you could combine them to build quite large tents. They were printed in the Heer pattern cammo on both sides.

J

And Brian,to make a fine point here. They are using the standard German poncho to carry the poor chap. Every soldier had one and they were extremely versatile. They could be used for a rainy weather cover of course,but also you could combine them to build quite large tents. They were printed in the Heer pattern cammo on both sides.

Of course most would have just painted it German green and been done with it! Thats the diff in details that brings the devil out.  :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally wrestled photobucket back into play so here is a smallish update.

I wanted to include a squad leader here. I picked an older Dragon fig from the Normandy commo troops set. Bit wide in the shoulders and beefy,like most Dragon figs so I put him on weight control using my dremel and knife.

IMG_1664_zpslq631isw.jpg

IMG_1665%201_zpsnltm5pr1.jpg

after the mods

IMG_1667_zpsizou0d5x.jpg

IMG_1668_zps4dty3vmu.jpg

I also got rid of the sort of goose stepping walk.and added a bit more character and animation to the pose.

IMG_1669_zpsw6skk2i6.jpg

First app of putty includes the ammo pouches,bread bag and filling in the cracks.

IMG_1670_zpsixmxyxtl.jpg

The detail I had to remove because of re-posing now gets added back using brass wire and lead foil.

IMG_1674_zpss0hshtkk.jpg

Now I will move back around to work on the front,

Thanks for looking folks !

J

Gazzas,Maru and Jim,

Thanks so much folks for the awesome comments. I am sure it made my morning ! Maru,tell your friends and family hello in India for me ! You always have such nice and polite things to say to everyone on this forum and I am sure everyone here really is happy you belong to the group.

I got around to the front of this guy last night. Added detail to the ammo pouches and figured out how to make the hanger for them out of PE. Thought he needed a set of binos as well.

Have a look,

IMG_1676_zpsh5sowiai.jpg

The bit of foil on the bottom of the binos is supposed to be the leather part that was used to buton them to the front of the tunic so they don't bounce when running,etc.  I didn't do the best on that but hey...it is pretty small.

IMG_1677_zpssbkrobas.jpg

Thanks again for checking in and typing something !

J

Look up Masterful in the scale modeling dictionary and there you will find this reference behind the definition : Also see; "Jerry Rutman"

Great stuff J....as always !! One of my favorite aspects of your work is your ability to "take the edge off" these figures and bring the subtlety and reality back to them....the resculpting and repositioning that really brings them to "life"... !

Joe