STAR WARS "Millennium Falcon" - 1/72 by Revell Master Series

elmarriachi

Hello,

first the frames of the cockpit windows were painted, then the window parts were glued over the cockpit.

6wepofo8.jpg

o4mxgoxf.jpg

A first layer of primer over the shapeways parts followed next so that the colors will adhere better on these parts...

9ugm5bgq.jpg

9v38l8eq.jpg

jnedejwp.jpg

z3enqgdy.jpg

Next I have added a lot of black pre-shading on the complete falcon which will remain visible under the final painting ...

9xtmmlhg.jpg

5fxw66nf.jpg

rjavuyfg.jpg

The decals followed next... yellow, dark grey and red colored decals on the upper and lowered side of the hull. I do not know why, but the red decals were horor. They crumbled at every corner, no matter how much of softener was used ....

3yaszoc8.jpg

83utegk7.jpg

rsbff5dd.jpg

4a5ts9pq.jpg

7wmpok5x.jpg

pmevbq2p.jpg

fggnti7m.jpg

sng4ohuy.jpg

rdak8ipl.jpg

rpfh3bkp.jpg

Next followed some clear coart to protect the decals for the weathering...

Cheers

Micha

Guest Uncle Fester

Let me give you the most honorable Star Wars compliment:

"What a piece of JUNK!"

(Of course....it's not junk at all.  Quite a beautiful rendition.  Just trying to keep in the spirit of SW and all)

Edited by Uncle Fester

Hello,

some more updates of the weathering of the Falcon. First I have painted the exhausts with thinned black color with the airbrush in several thin layers. Black color was also used for other areas on the hull as well as on the damaged areas.

With brown colors I have varied the color of the exhaust streaks, Tamiya Smoke was used for some further variations of the colors on the hull.

A washing with black oil colors was used next on the complete hull, specially on the joints between the several plates on the hull. 

Clear coat matt came next on everything, then some black, brown, rusty and silver pigments.

The two cannones were built and painted. I have used 3D printed cannons instead of the kit parts as these were much better deteailed. The frames of the windows were hand painted and weathered.

jfddlcd7.jpg

nuwq2bkb.jpg

qxhodum5.jpg

skae5tdg.jpg

wqbul6p8.jpg

z68tzpoo.jpg

fqx3tb7b.jpg

llsrwjzx.jpg

Cheers

Micha

Hello,

the  Falcon reached his final place. The base is made of a wooden plate with a wooden frame under it. Sanded and sprayed in glossy black.

The switches for the lights are installed on the right side of the frame, all the wiring is inside the base, only the two connectors for the batteries are outside of the base.

All cables between Falcon and base are going through the aluminium tube.

Next following some drybrushing and last details ...

n57p9zlg.jpg

rsxjcw7c.jpg

kdzcrnxy.jpg

lvizr6k4.jpg

lf7wvi89.jpg

s3dgyjdk.jpg

9xsb36e7.jpg

hd9su67t.jpg

4scaw8zx.jpg

6rp9zvwj.jpg

Cheers

Micha