STAR WARS "Millennium Falcon" - 1/72 by Revell Master Series

elmarriachi

Misha,

This is fantastic!  I just found your build but the detail work is really something.  I have to say, the light is perfect for that engine and your description of the build is informative - thanks.  Looking forward to more of your work.  Keep it up!  

Chris

Hello.

all the kits parts of the underside of the hull are mounted and the holes for all the LED lamps drilled inside the hull.

I have installed the wiring and the LED for testing ....  lot of wires (without the LEDs for the engine). Next I will make the base and the stand which will include the wires then.

omnomnyr.jpg

ufh3u99c.jpg

... and lights on for testing ... 

2ciabtlv.jpg

jj9f5doc.jpg

3nx55u2y.jpg

huid2jiw.jpg

gaqo29tg.jpg

qxqkrk6n.jpg

Some nice small figures are included with the kit, it is even possible to recognize the persons.... I will install Han Solo the captain, Chewbacca and on the seats behind C3P0 and Luke Skywalker.

mqm6uqmk.jpg

agjiv6rs.jpg

Cheers

Micha

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

after having added all parts as far as necessary I have sprayed the inside of upper and lower hull in black before gluing the LEDs in the holws with white glue.

Around every LED I have added a piece of plastic pipe which was glued in place and filled with white glue from the top side...  Then the lightbox for the engine was installed...

... and all wires put together.... finally, there will be four wires going out from a hole in the center of the bottom, inside the display stand...

e36eka8b.jpg

2ptz2x5m.jpg

ezmqm4bn.jpg

jmt8ql5y.jpg

zphfk3qb.jpg

um5u2rrd.jpg

Before having installed the lightbox, the rear side of the hull was painted already ... 

49nj6kvu.jpg

vwklukeq.jpg

Once all the glue was set I have painted also the plastic pipes and the filled white glue in black....

Now there is no chance for any light shining somewhere where it is not planned :) A testing and everything works as it should :) 

Also the LEDs for the cockpit were added now, the lower cockpit area glued to the lower part of the hull.

p36ri852.jpg

jzfjsm4x.jpg

gers75ab.jpg

xttxm53x.jpg

e8pidwmd.jpg

vfs265so.jpg

Once everything is finished in the inside of the hull the upper hull was put on top.... testing, some wires putting in place.... testing, some plastic removing from the lower side of the upper hull at the center of it .... testing ... fits.

The upper side was mounted on the lower one with scews... then the lights tested again ... works. :) 

After that I have added all the  side panels full of added details and the upper part of the cockpit. The docking ports left and right were replaced with 3D-printed parts, painted also black from the inside.

Also the radar on the top and the engine nozzles were 3D-printed parts with correct size and better details. The engine will receive some etched grills later after the primering.

hr7v57hg.jpg

3ry2ug8i.jpg

o8h7xys2.jpg

egicgdkn.jpg

tb2mp67h.jpg

eabn7pyb.jpg

8fr96lu2.jpg

c3nnd3w9.jpg

eaita69s.jpg

yf2dhmph.jpg

el5zttbj.jpg

zww8u9ma.jpg

vgovx3cm.jpg

w8h88l7y.jpg

wuek5tkc.jpg

4r2ow7bz.jpg

With the Dremel I have added some damages as it is seen in several pictures of the movie ... some holes on the upper side nect to the radar, some scratches on the lower side.... 

Now everything is ready for some first primering :) 

Cheers

Micha