• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

Those names are commemorative. That's stated in the instructions.

I know, I helped with that scheme and provided/recommended those names. At that time no clear images of name style was found for the black text for the crew names, I'm simply pointing out here that there was no first initial now that I've since confirmed what they looked like. My comment wasn't meant as a criticism at all which it sounds like it was maybe read as, it was only provided as a addendum.

#62 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:41 PM

Hi Eli. What about A-6E decals from Desert storm?

#63 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

The A-6A that I did has been such a dissapointment saleswise that I wouldn't dare invest in another Intruder, sorry.

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#64 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Ok. Sad to hear.

#65 RNoAF

RNoAF

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

Ive got them though :-)

#66 Scotsman

Scotsman

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

As ever I'm late to the party as regards these marking , but I just received my set from Hannants this morning , , (it's part of my birthday) , and I have to say they are SUPERB, a really beautiful package, the research and effort that's obviously gone into this set is phenomenal 

I'm going to be building the A-6B, VA-52, (I have an interest in SEAD aircraft) ,, and could I point out that a book "Iron Hand" by Anthony thornburgh has an excellent picture of th a STARM A-6B cockpit showing the differences between it and a standard A-6A - the book is a very useful reference for anyone interested in this field 

I'm sorry this hasn't been a bigger seller for you Eli, it really deserves to be , and because of it , I really can see myself buying atleast one other A-6 in the future, (a nice Marine mud mover perhaps) -

Once again thanks for such an excellent product!

Colin 

Edited by Scotsman, 29 January 2015 - 02:01 PM.

#67 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the support Colin!

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

#68 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:09 AM

Hi!

Tony will not do it but I'll do it: buy his "Iron Hand" book! It has everything you will need to build a SAM killer plus far more, believe me!

I highly recommend it!

Thierry

I am late to the party but I second this!..Tony is to modest to mention it but this book is like the “Bible”  of Vietnam and post war SEAD operations and equipment.   We really don’t realize what special people we have here on LSP when a question needs answering.

Hey Eli,  I missed this somehow, but I would like a couple of sets please, do I need to PM you to get registered or will this suffice?

Great work and conversation, Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#69 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:22 PM

Please send pm
thanks

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

#70 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

I'm going to be building the A-6B, VA-52, (I have an interest in SEAD aircraft) ,, and could I point out that a book "Iron Hand" by Anthony thornburgh has an excellent picture of th a STARM A-6B cockpit showing the differences between it and a standard A-6A - the book is a very useful reference for anyone interested in this field 

Colin, where could we find that book for sale? I also love the VA-52 A-6B PAT/ARM and I need more info and pics showing the AGM-78 outboard pylons w/launch rails (it seems they are not the regular LAU-77s  :BANGHEAD2:)

TIA. cheers.

Edited by Luca, 23 October 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#71 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

I just picked up the Intruder sheet, very nice. I don't know how I missed it when it came out. Thanks.

Chuck

#72 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

Colin, where could we find that book for sale? I also love the VA-52 A-6B PAT/ARM and I need more info and pics showing the AGM-78 outboard pylons w/launch rails (it seems they are not the regular LAU-77s  :BANGHEAD2:)
TIA. cheers.

Luca, STD ARMs were usually carried on the INBOARD pylons. And only on LAU-77 type launchers.
The Aero-5s on the outboard pylons in that VA-52 photo are for SHRIKE.

I still have two new copies of Iron Hand. PM me if you still want the book and CE GBU-10A/Bs.

Regards

Tony
  • Luca likes this
Finally spraying again

#73 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Luca, STD ARMs were usually carried on the INBOARD pylons. And only on LAU-77 type launchers.
The Aero-5s on the outboard pylons in that VA-52 photo are for SHRIKE.

hi Tony, but outboard pylons were wired as well for LAU-77/STD ARMs? I'd like fuel tanks on the inboad pylons...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users