Ki-43-II Hayabusa | Hasegawa 1:32

Kendzior

Hi, Mates :)

It is a good time to start another large scale project - Ki-43-II Hayabusa. Well, it is certainly a "jurassic plastic" but - as usual with me - this will not be a quick build, so there's no way to have it done by April end.

Just like in case of my Ki-61, I'm going to build simultaneously Ki-43-II in 1:48th scale - will be posting it in Non-LSP Works.

For the beginning few shots of the kit and the rest of the staff.

5OLavF.jpg

OK2tPD.jpg

nDUcXQ.jpg

FHOhlL.jpg

z8DYc4.jpg

Those raised panel lines... will remain. I'm going to try to recreate the way the panels were installed, each one overlapping the edge of the next.

Feel free to comment.

Best regards

Hubert

Edited by Kendzior

• 1 month later...

Hi, Mates,

Took some time to begin, well - just Revell's old Spitfire Mk.24 has taken most of my attention during past few weeks... hope you understand and forgive me ;)

Started with the cockpit - these few pieces from the old Eduard's photo etched set are a nice addition. 

Decided not to use the photo etched pilot's seat, OOB with some enhancements will work well enough for me.

That's how it looks like now, sprayed with Tamiya's primer. More details to be added, of course.

TXSpif.jpg

rDRJhW.jpg

eI3PlX.jpg

ARznb6.jpg

LHcFa3.jpg

Best regards

Hubert 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've just gone through links to Hubert's other Japanese builds and they are all beautiful models. So I'm going to be watching this one with interest, then hopefully get off my backside and follow his lead. I want to wade into the heap of Tamiya and Hasegawa Zero's, the myriad of Hasegawa fighters and then all the 1/48th (can I mention that scale here?) Japanese planes in the stash, including the weird and wonderful kits from Fine Molds.

The score so far is two 1/32 models built versus a stash getting bigger by the week!

Inspirational? You bet! Thanks Hubert.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby