HOBBY BOSS F-84G THUNDERJET! Progress 8/23/15

Girlscanplay2

Thanks Paul, for the suggestion on the kit. I wish I could get it but I have been Unemployed for the last 6 months now :crying: and have had a hell of a time getting a job, :shrug: so I have had to contain my model kit purchases quite a bit. Maybe lady luck will shine on me sooner or later. :unsure: But I will watch all the builds anyway cause you guys are awsome model builders. :thumbsup:

Chris

Edited by Tomcat14

Well between having the Flu and work, I FINALLY  had a little down time to get some work done on my project.

I still have a lot of work to do as you will see. :)

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

I have about 90% done on my Cockpit and Seat, but as you see I still have some work to do! I need to add more detail on the Cockpit and Seat, as well as finish and install the Display panel Throttle etc.

I am using AMS Resin set. It absolutely Amazes me the detail that Harold (AMS Resin) gets. It is truly an honor using his parts. Thank you for your Fantastic work that you do Harold !! :punk:

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

I will be Dull Coating the Wheel wells and using a Semi Gloss on the Cockpit (right now it is a bit glossy but that will take care of it to make it look more realistic. Also do a little touch up, toning down etc.

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

Thank you LSP Paul (my sweetie) who has been very generous with his time in the midst of building his own two projects, and has been there to answer my questions. 

One of the perks to have a great modeler working next to me. Now stay on your side of the bench  :rofl:

So this is my update guys.

Thank you for looking in!!

Teresa  :)

Edited by Girlscanplay2

Well between having the Flu and work, I FINALLY  had a little down time to get some work done on my project.

I still have a lot of work to do as you will see. :)

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

I have about 90% done on my Cockpit and Seat, but as you see I still have some work to do! I need to add more detail on the Cockpit and Seat, as well as finish and install the Display panel Throttle etc.

I am using AMS Resin set. It absolutely Amazes me the detail that Harold (AMS Resin) gets. It is truly an honor using his parts. Thank you for your Fantastic work that you do Harold !! :punk:

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

I will be Dull Coating the Wheel wells and using a Semi Gloss on the Cockpit (right now it is a bit glossy but that will take care of it to make it look more realistic. Also do a little touch up, toning down etc.

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

Thank you LSP Paul (my sweetie) who has been very generous with his time in the midst of building his own two projects, and has been there to answer my questions. 

One of the perks to have a great modeler working next to me. Now stay on your side of the bench  :rofl:

So this is my update guys.

Thank you for looking in!!

Teresa  :)

I only make the canvas, you are the artist that brings it alive! Great work so far.

Lookin' Good Teresa,

It's a nice kit and the pit is painting up nicely.

So thats what the landing gear wells look like :rofl: :rofl:

Have you decided to try foiling?

I know Paul has a good handle on nmf finishes so either way you'll have a Sharp Thunderjet

watch'in you

Jack

PS  Give Paul a KISS for me :wub:

Shut-up Ernie

Edited by marauderdriver

Nice pit!

I tend to drybrush some light color at the edges (actually, I paint it with a fine brush, but drybrushing will do the trick too) to bring out the shapes inside the pit. With dark painted cockpits you loose all details and the parts/ extra parts added after hiding it in the fuselage, especially under a closed hood. A little bit of drybrushing takes care of this issue and helps to do justice to your modelling efforts. 

Regards

- dutik