LSP TIGERMEET GB

stusbke

Well I'm also going to start the threads already I'm hoping to make this one

post-1504-1172092525.jpg

It's a Belgian one for one obvious reason we kick ass with our tiger vipers laugh.gif

But I'm making this as an in flight model

I don't have all the goodies already nee to wait two weeks more at hoboken to get it all.

I plan on making this one from an academy kit and a BB cockpit i have the decals from daco already

but it seems not much decals there to put on as the tiger stripes are all needed to be painted on <_< massive masking job awaits me I'm sure

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok gents here we go

I don't know if I can finisch both of them I'm sure am going to try

anayway using the academy kit to make a block 15 viper is kinda hard, its possible but you have the work cut out for ya ..

firts thing that realy stands out is the fact that the tail is different (read shorter) they give you the C tail OOb and you'll need the smaller stab from the earlier A version. this means that some plugs are getting visble so you need to fill those up also you need to add some plastic to fill up the void that you get when not using the kit part. that looks like this

post-1504-1176411989.jpg

see what I mean now this is how that looks like with the tail base on

post-1504-1176412027.jpg

I still need to sand this area and rescribe some of the missing lines

I also got round to finisch the payload she's going to have one centerline fuel tank

I've sanded down all detail and replaced it with some alu foil and added some nits and bits to the rear end of the fuel tank and the pylon to make them look more interesting :)

post-1504-1176412647.jpg

post-1504-1176412265.jpg

next on the tweaking list is to add detail in to the gear bays and start the pit

The pit is something I forgot about I need an A pit so I'm kinda stuck now as I'm trying to find a resin A pit

the one I bought is ok though for my second one so not all is lost :( :rolleyes:

hope to be back soon with more updates

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 1 month later...

this part of the forum seems to be quite dead so I think its time to start kicking the in progress in to overdrive here :blink:

anyway here's what I've been up to.

Firt of all let me tell you this kit is far from being perfect to make it in to a blck 10/15/MLU bird but then again the price tell me otherwise ;) :)

since I'm making this one in flight (yeah I know) I needed to cut off all the moving surfaces on this model on the flaps are seperate parts the rest you need to do for yourself when done it looks like this

post-1504-1179696759.jpg

nevermind the mess on the bench please :lol:

then onward with the fuselage details, next thing to convert is the gun nozzle since they give you an C version wich is ok for the MLU but not for this tiger color bird as this was before the MLU change. Son I borowed one from the hasegawa kit after some sanding it looks like this...

post-1504-1179697001.jpg

next on the list, the pit, now here's where all the trouble realy starts ....

There are old A pit for the hasegawa kit but they don't realy lend themselfs for putting in to this kit (the tamiya's either) check out the difference between then and you'll notice that the latest ones from BB for the academy and the new tamiya kits are smaller then the old school BB pits for the hasegawa, especially the IP coaming are way smaller and since this is going to be an in flight this plays a big role for me

so I started making my own pit ala new BB sets here's where I am at the moment

post-1504-1179697239.jpg

the seat is OOB with some added thingies I just need to remove a bit more to completly remove the seat belts

while making this pit I got round to thinking I don't even have a pilot to put in it :)

then it hit me while browsing through rafeal winter's Su-27 thread.... I opened the resin box I have and voila out came the old school european pilot from verlinden ....

I removed the pilot's oxygen mask and started braking his limps in order to fit him on the seat and it turned out pretty well some work needed to remake the pilot later on but the main pose you see here, I haven't attached the arms yet since I nee to make the throttle and stick in to his hands ...

anyway here's how I'm attending to make it look like

post-1504-1179697756.jpg

test fitting with the canopy, I'm using the fogged one for testing ...

post-1504-1179697809.jpg

I just need to lower the pilot a bit more and then he would be sitting just about right, The resin part you see in the pic is from the newer BB pit for this kit. I'm planning on remaking this part in to a A version but more on that in a next update

well that's all I've got so far

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Hi there,

I have been waiting to see some progress on this one. I started this kit yesterday, though mine will be out of the box wild weasel.

You sure are going to town with the details, really impressive, keep the updates coming. I get the feeling I am really going to enjoy this one! ;)

This my first 1/32nd kit aswell!!!

Thanks

Ian :rolleyes:

Nice build.....................brings me in the mood for adding a F-16 to my jet colletion.................when the Starfighter is finished some day :)

by the way: this part of the forum is not "dead", the whole Tigermeet -GB was planned as a long-time project running the whole year, so its only logical that this part of the forum won´t be as busy as the other areas :blink:

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

Hi there,

I have been waiting to see some progress on this one. I started this kit yesterday, though mine will be out of the box wild weasel.

You sure are going to town with the details, really impressive, keep the updates coming. I get the feeling I am really going to enjoy this one! :P

This my first 1/32nd kit aswell!!!

Ok good on you you'll see they build up well just watch oit for the seams on the gun panel and the intake they tend to be fischy from what I've (dry)fitted so far

Nice build.....................brings me in the mood for adding a F-16 to my jet colletion.................when the Starfighter is finished some day :)

by the way: this part of the forum is not "dead", the whole Tigermeet -GB was planned as a long-time project running the whole year, so its only logical that this part of the forum won´t be as busy as the other areas ;)

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

OOh ok sorry about that, didn't wanted to sound rude or anything like that B)

anyway, yeah I was wondering when you where going to slice one viper up, I'm realy looking foward to that one, as for insperation you might also keep an eye out for the same builder as the link I gave ya on the F-104 on ARC he's doing a viper now :D also from the academy kit so .......

anyway thanx for looking

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Stusbke,

How are you doing with your viper so far? I have some complaints so far, though nothing major at this point.

1. The intake, as you said, did not want to join up inside, lots of squeezing and trimming and general messing about with it, but it turned out ok in the end.

2. I fitted the wings, and sure as heck, there is a half a milimetre gap running down the inside of the wing to fuselage on both left and right wings, plus this has happened to the underside and top side, so this will slow down things as I have to fill and sand, and probably fill and sand somemore.

3. I dry fitted the tail and it looks like I will have to do some trimming there aswell, to get it to meet the fuselage snuggly.

4. I think the cockpit could have fitted better, and also, as you said, where I have fitted the gun assembly, there is a gap which couldn't be avoided, so some filling to do there aswell.

Take a trip over to member builds, I have posted a whole heap of stuff there, tell me what you think.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...