Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

Stephen, I too built all my aircraft models as a kid to hang from the ceiling, doing battle, and this entire ongoing project is an homage to that period in my uncomplicated child life that I sometimes miss so much.

When I were first married I hung all my 1/72 scale aircraft on the Christmas tree. My wife is a very tolerant soul back then, either that or she just gave up on me.

But I got rid of all my 1/72 and 1/48 scale models over the years, as well as most of the tanks and all of the built ship models. I traded a lot of the unbuilt smaller kits for 1/32 scale kits and models. Now, aside from beat up built stuff scheduled for sculpture, all I have left are the 1/32 scale aircraft, plus 1/35 scale armored trains for the model railroad.

Again, I see no reason to change from the way I built models 60 years ago. If it looks good from three feet away it is good. I am not saying anyone else should build models that way, but I do.

Like Frank Sinatra used to sing, I do it my way.

Stephen

Stephen

DO YOU have any photos on here in any of the forums so I can have a look..{ Hinting : eanting to see them really... :innocent: }

Well, I still have no idea how to post photos on this forum. but here is a link to a co-op gallery of which I am a member. There are six pieces of my sculpture on it and in one of them I used an old Betty by Lindberg (I think) in a smaller scale, and an old barbie doll, much modified.

http://www.wardnasse.org/3a06p.htm

If some kind person will tell me how to post photos I'll do so. I imagine we have instructions hidden somewhere on this forum.

My next model will be the Streamlined Locomotive to illustrate the one in my novel.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RKRTW4

Notice how I so deftly segued my reference to my novel. Sneaky old coot I am.

Stephen, sneaky old coot.

Looking good mate! I mostly build 1/48 kits as AMS-breakers, and if you pick the right kit (and keep the right attitude!), they can be a whole bunch o' fun.

Kev

Well the price is certainly more in keeping with my present budget, as all these kits are just laying around here already anyway. I calculate approximately 30-40 WWII fighters will be used up for this effort.

Thanks Shawn. I had intended to completely paint this tonight, but all I had that was a decent match for the light gray topside color was a gloss paint that takes a while to dry. Looks like I won't wrap up paint on this one until tomorrow.

eAZWXd.jpg