HK's Latest Mossie out mid May :D

Artful69

Didn't I see a post somewhere from a noted Donny Downer that we'd never see a two-stage Merlin Mosquito or am I misquoting (won't be the first time, probably won't be the last either)?

Can I have a cookie please?  I see it and I want it.

It's not altogether uncommon for someone to proclaim that something will never be produced, only to eventually see that same item get produced. Nor is it uncommon for someone to foretell what will be the next kit from a particular manufacturer, only to then see that not turn out to be correct.

any info on whether they have addressed the shape issues at the front of the wing where the radiators are?

i ask because i knew about this but bought their first Mossie anyway, but was pleased i was able to do with the information out there

Nothing worse than buying (on the basis of a pants review that is no more than an advert) and *then* finding out.

I am very happy for all those who have waited for this version and good luck to HKM - I hope it finances their Lanc ;)

Didn't I see a post somewhere from a noted Donny Downer that we'd never see a two-stage Merlin Mosquito or am I misquoting (won't be the first time, probably won't be the last either)?

Can I have a cookie please?  I see it and I want it.

In fairness to the alluded-to individual, he was speaking of Tamiya's two-stage Mosquito, not HK's ...

Well, the two stage version opens up plenty of postwar civilian options as well. :)

CF-FZG was a B-30, aka Canadian-built B-IV. But this is true for the other civvy Mosquitoes. Most had two-stage Merlins

any info on whether they have addressed the shape issues at the front of the wing where the radiators are?

i ask because i knew about this but bought their first Mossie anyway, but was pleased i was able to do with the information out there

Nothing worse than buying (on the basis of a pants review that is no more than an advert) and *then* finding out.

I am very happy for all those who have waited for this version and good luck to HKM - I hope it finances their Lanc ;)

If the CAD renditions published in the thread are to be trusted, then the answer is "no".

Hubert

Guest Clunkmeister

I never even noticed the inner leading edge issue at all until the Caliper Crew and the Red Line Express got busy. And when the dreaded Slide Rule Gang rode into town, I ducked for cover.

Come to think of it, I still don't notice it until I think specifically about it. A bit of creative sanding, shaping, painting, and shading disguises it somewhat.

But it's there, plain as day, for all in the know to see....

No doubt some folks will use the two stage parts on their Tamiya kits if possible.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

Hubert, I'll need to check, but Spartan Air Services used a number of Mossies through the 50s as well. Not sure of the Mk, though.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I very much like the blue Mk.IX Meteorological Flight scheme. Passed on the B.IV in favour of Tamiya's FB.VI but might well get this edition. Was hoping for an optional camera fit but hey-ho.

Tony

Spartan operated the B.35 version of the Mosquito.

I believe the plans for the moment for the Mosquito being restored in Nanton, Alberta is to have it finished in Spartan livery. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong or there are further developments.

Mark Proulx