Honda 1/6 Africa Twin

Squito2340

Now I know that I've been away for a little while AND also know that I'm a great starter but not necessarily a finisher. Something to do with my OCD I suspect. Lost some confidence with metallics and using the airbrush.

So to rectify this and as a kit build rather than modelling that requires fabricating my own parts, I happened upon this gem of a kit. The newly released and somewhat pricey Honda Africa Twin from Tamiya in 1/6 scale.

As an avid motorcyclist and collector of this scale, I decided to purchase it. I then went to he local fellas at the local Honda dealer who thought I was off my rocker for wanting to have a look and take a few pics of a real one- just to get the colours right.

Anyway here goes.

The first assembly is complete. Engine block and gear box with associated bits attached.

Whilst the mixfor the 'gold' coloured metallic is correct for both sides of the engine, the metalic colour of the engine case is better represented by alclad as a dark aluminium.

IMG_1788_zpskoyhcviu.jpg

IMG_1787_zpskaswefcc.jpg

IMG_1786_zpszsgak9uq.jpg

As a side note: The instructions for oil capacity adjacent to the filler are in Japanese and clearly readable. Not correct for an Australian model but as I said it's a kit build.

The engine is exquisitely represented and when compared to the real one, Tamiya have done it justice.

Whether it will be one of their iconic model, time will tell however, it ain't bad at all.