Tamiya F-16 have glass scheme

Stinger16

Hello again all, its been a few months since I have posted any of my builds. I finished my f-16 on 6/12/16. This is everything I have into this build. First of all this is the 1/32 Tamiya f-16 block 50 kit converted into a f-16 block 42 for the Ohio Air National Guard out of Toledo, Ohio. I added a few extras to the build. The extras that were used were the eduard interior, eduard canopy mask. Cross Delta scab plates, master model aoa probe. Also added was the academy f-16 sniper pod, and a piece of vinyl was cut out and added to the tail base for the blos modification for modern f-16's by Harold at AMS resin. I also used the ZACTO MODELS aim-9x's which were very nice as well. And for the decals, the decals were by JAKE MELAMPY of Reid air publishing BIG SCALE VIPERS sheet, these decals were amazing to work with, if you see this Jake, awesome job !!

The fun part about this build was trying to get the right paint formula for this paint scheme, the have glass jets are very hard to paint, especially trying to get the metallic sheen that is has it the sun. Me and Mike Reed came up with a formula and i think it looks that part, well at least in my opinion. Well here are some pictures, I hope you guys like them. Any questions or comments are welcome

Jeff

IMG_4570_zpsskljrcw4.jpg

IMG_4576_zpsev8rroe9.jpg

IMG_4573_zpsmgcbbzvl.jpg

IMG_4575_zpsmppylxd4.jpg

IMG_4577_zpshsza08gh.jpg

IMG_4579_zpsexeufr5e.jpg

Bravo Jeff, lovely work here!  As soon as I received my decal sheet form Jake, I decided I have to do one of these schemes!  Either this one or the Duluth 'bird.  What paints did you use for the main color?  It looks great, especially in the natural light.

Awesome stuff!

Bravo Jeff, lovely work here!  As soon as I received my decal sheet form Jake, I decided I have to do one of these schemes!  Either this one or the Duluth 'bird.  What paints did you use for the main color?  It looks great, especially in the natural light.

Awesome stuff!

Thank you for the comment, the paints used are mr color engine grey, alclad stainless steel a,d mr color flat white

40 drops engine grey, 40 drop stainless and 16 drops flat white to tone down the gray a little

I hope this helps

Jeff

Thank you for the comment, the paints used are mr color engine grey, alclad stainless steel a,d mr color flat white

40 drops engine grey, 40 drop stainless and 16 drops flat white to tone down the gray a little

I hope this helps

Jeff

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks Jeff!