HPH stuff

Phartycr0c

Iv'e had a quick gander around the forums in the search for build threads for these kits. 

I am about to set forth on my first foray into primarily resin kits (FW189) and am trying to collect as much info around build methods and techniques for these things as possible. 

Not seen may finished builds, not just of the FW 189 but HPH kits in general. 

Any help/ advice / pointers would be gratefully received.

TIA

... I am about to set forth on my first foray into primarily resin kits (FW189) and am trying to collect as much info around build methods and techniques for these things as possible. 

Any help/ advice / pointers would be gratefully received ...

Two words - James Hatch :D

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/5018-focke-wulf-fw-189a-1-in-slovakian-markings/

Rog :)

Back of the net!

This is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for many Thanks Rog. 

a simple google of this bird doesnt seem to bring many build threads alive.

I have seen the youtube clips from HPH and get the idea of construction but construction there appears to be in the perfect world. I need to know what im letting myself in for. 

Did I mention I had the Catalina ?  :mental:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Edited by Phartycr0c

Patience and lots of it!!

Here's a link to my HpH Ta-154 Moskito, took around 9 months on and off to complete as I needed a break from it every now and then, may be helpful to you.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=61355&hl=

Regards. Andy

I actually see very few of their kits being worked on here.

Because they are an almighty pain in the arse.

The only kit I have ever had that promised more in the box than it actually delivered in enjoyment. 

Looked bloody superb in the box, that's the nicest thing I can say. Oh, and the chocolate was cute, but i couldn't even eat that as I'm vegan.

Just to pitch in: in general i myself have this (health) aversion towards super glue, one of the few means of constructing resin parts, but nevertheless have a couple of Fisher kits plus the HPH Catalina i hope to get my hands on sometime, but looking at the latter it's just a piece of art, and ofcourse all these kits are not "shake 'n bake" , you will need some sweat, tears, and TLC to get it right, and i'm prepared to have it all......

But since HPH is also about to deliver the Tigercat in our scale i'm convinced it will be of super quality, but still the above might apply to its construction as well, ....we'll see.

J.