Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Guest Peterpools

Danny

Super work on the front office  . the seat looks fantastic. How difficult was it to do all the folding and CCA work? You absolutely nailed it.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

This tells me that the plane has corrugated floor, I believe

P47%20-%20Thunderbolt%20-%202006-12-01-0

EDIT: Wrong!  The floor of this batch 28 was smooth. :)  ( That's dismissed that so very quoted D-30 opinion ) 

D28_Cockpit_Floor.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Great looking cockpit so far Danny. How do you keep all that PE looking so neat? I'd have glue everywhere on them.

For me, the extra cost is for the print and decals so if one likes either, then it is worth it.

I'm curious to see what the art print included with the P-40N release that is supposedly next will be.

Carl

Danny

Super work on the front office  . the seat looks fantastic. How difficult was it to do all the folding and CCA work? You absolutely nailed it.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank's Peter  :speak_cool:

Not difficult at all my friend, it's even easy to do so. I always did find Eduard pe very easy to work with, this time this pe seat also, it went together in 20 minutes.

Nicey! The seat looks great. 

Seems that Dotti Mae is going to be flying again

Thank's Martin. :speak_cool:

And thank's for sharing these pic's. I all ready knew about these, great Facebook page of this very interesting restoration.

EDIT: Wrong!  The floor of this batch 28 was smooth.  :)  ( That's dismissed that so very quoted D-30 opinion ) 

Very interesting remark  :thumbsup:

Also, i see that the cockpit firewall has a ribbed surface, which i don't see at the Hasegawa part. So i need to do something about that. :rolleyes: 

Great looking cockpit so far Danny. How do you keep all that PE looking so neat? I'd have glue everywhere on them.

For me, the extra cost is for the print and decals so if one likes either, then it is worth it. 

I'm curious to see what the art print included with the P-40N release that is supposedly next will be.

Carl 

Thank's Carl  :speak_cool:   My secret  :whistle: ............i just use a tooth-pick to put tiny quantity's of glue onto the pe. I also make the pe surface rough so it can glued better onto the other plastic surface.

I got the Hasegawa P-40K in my stash, so i will see what kind of markings and other stuff will be present inside the box of Eduards new release.

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

Your cockpit enhancements with the Eduard PE really looks quite good. I've also gone to roughing up the bonding surfaces of the PE whenever possible as it does make a big difference in getting it to glue down in the desired place. The seat is really impressive, and just makes every plastic or even resion one look out of scale.

Just one question. I've just started to collect P-40 kit and some after market items. I was  unaware that Eduards was going to release the Hasegawa P-40K as a limited kit. Any idea of when that will be?

Joel

Just one question. I've just started to collect P-40 kit and some after market items. I was  unaware that Eduards was going to release the Hasegawa P-40K as a limited kit. Any idea of when that will be?

It was said by Carl, but myself didn't know of a limited release of the Hasegawa P-40 by Eduard.

Greetz

Danny