Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla - *Finished*

b737flyer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • b737flyer changed the title to Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla - resurrected
Guest Vincent

Hi. Just noticed that the position of the lower radiator flaps is incorrect : when the main flaps are lowered, the lower radiator flap is slaved to it and is lowered at the same angle

I airbrushed some markings this morning using masks cut with a Silhouette Cameo craft cutter. I also sprayed a white base coat for the yellow/red fuselage band. After taking these photos I realized I hadn't taken any photos of the fuselage mottling. What you see here is actually my second attempt - I wasn't happy with the first application so I tried it again (after overspraying them with RLM 76) and am happier with the results.SVqiePF.jpgLwhwNr3.jpg  

Having more fun with masks...I found a shared file on Scale Model Paint Masks for the Bf 109 leading edge scallops and thought I would give it a go. Blu-tak was placed under the masks for a feathered edge when airbrushing. Overall I was happy with the results.

8u5YaHj.jpgqjGS68p.jpg

I posted the same photos earlier today on my FB page and a fellow modeler pointed out that I had the scallops reversed and a little too high up on the leading edge. So, because it would have driven me nuts, I repainted them.

OAYoqne.jpg

Edited by b737flyer