Kitty Hawk's OV-10 A/C Main Wing Update 9/8/2017

Joel_W

Really odd for a mainstream kit to have fit issues like your having, pics show nothing out of the ordinary that you've done assembly wise. Like others have said, sometimes a kit is off due to reasons out of your control. Great that you're finding solutions to the problems.

Don

Joel

it looks like your kit might have gotten warm and Warped

Or was pulled from the dies too quickly and there was some slump in the plastic

Especially if the lower wing section was in towards the center of the mold

Guys,

I'm not sure either as to the reasons why, but the end results are sure evident. Compare my pictures to Brian's and it's like two different sets of molds were used. 

Moving on, and hopefully things will get better.

Joel

Really odd for a mainstream kit to have fit issues like your having, pics show nothing out of the ordinary that you've done assembly wise. Like others have said, sometimes a kit is off due to reasons out of your control. Great that you're finding solutions to the problems.

Don

Don,

Unfortunately, not so much so from the few KH kits I've tried to build in the past. Following build threads here, the quality of the KH kits has gotten better, but the engineering is still off in wackyland. What they do makes literally no sense other then create as many pcs as possible regardless of the fit issues that are a direct result of that philosophy.  

KH's best quality as far as I'm concerned is their choice of subject matter that keeps me coming back despite knowing better.

Joel 

Too bad you were having problems but I was pretty sure you could pull it off.  Nice fix for sure...

Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks buddy for the vote of confidence on this fix. I lucked out this time.  Sure hope the rest of the build doesn't have this kind of surprises waiting for me. 

Joel