Revell/Lodela 1/32 Typhoon MK1B

Shawn M

forgot that I also straightened a warped canon barrel last night...first time Ive done the hot water trick...more then a little scary.

Seems to have worked out, its less "noodle" shaped lol

Need to fill the canopy to fuse gaps (despite my best efforts there is a gap along the back portion) and glue in the "side" window to the windscreen.

Once done, add cannons and pitot tube, then its prime time!

Thanks Dan!

Here's the weekends update, Im at the point Im about to paint the chin yellow along with the canon barrels.

This next week is 100% shot for me on model time. :(

The good thing is, I get to spend it with a customer who is also a modeller and friend :)

on with the pics!

Had to get the gear doors on as they are integral in the ID stripes later- some poster putty on the back held em like a champ

33982842550_7697138854_b.jpg

why does every aircraft look sinister and sexy in black?

33982840280_21822e785f_b.jpg

33525287084_a8a79f6bf1_b.jpg

then add lace... ;)

34236464011_fe8317c301_b.jpg

oh fine....cover up

33525284554_eb35c8fa16_b.jpg

time for ID stripes

34236460571_2c0d87143e_b.jpg

33525280584_01bb8b804d_b.jpg

34236455941_8cbea522fd_b.jpg

33525276884_4bb8dfcbc1_b.jpg

Wow! I learn something from you Shawn with every build! I would have never even tried priming in black paint like you have, and doing that kind of pre-shading! I've done pre-shading on panel lines, and post shading of lightened base colors, but this is really cool what you've done. I know the pics don't do it justice, but I'll have to try this out!  I really enjoy watching you, Eric Galliers, and Mr. Bill, build your planes! I may never make it to your level, but you most definitely have improved my outlook in building!  Thanks!

Thanks Tommy, its my adaptation of Doog's black basing but coloring inside the lines :)

I've also done it on a white base but combined it with pre-shading to deepen the colors in the panel lines.

Give it a whirl, the worst that happens is you lay a thicker top coat over to cover up any foibles in the "marble" layer