• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Hey guys, is the Wolfpack Resin Israeli A-4N conversion the the only one available for the Trumpeter A-4M kit? If so, anyone used it and how did it go? Thanks for any advice.

Chuck

• harvey likes this

#2 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:35 AM

Isracast also makes a conversion for the Trumpeter kit.

#3 Brenhen

Brenhen

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hi Chuck,

I used the Wingman Wings conversion on mine ( http://forum.largesc...topic=69448&hl= )  and can highly recommend it. The only real problem I remember was the 30mm cannons and new underwing ammo covers not fitting great, but that was pretty easy to fix. I believe they are available on Sprue Brothers. Good luck with your build

Edited by Brenhen, 13 September 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#4 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:57 PM

The Wingman set is a re-branding of the Isracast one.
  • Luca likes this

#5 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

Thanks guys!I'll be ordering the Wingman Wings set from SB for sure. Now about those intakes, are the kit intakes the enlarged ones for the this aircraft, do I need the AMS set? Also, what is the source for the decals used in your great build Brenhen? Any other info would be helpful, many thanks.

Chuck

#6 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

The N kit intakes are slightly bulged. They are not the same ones as in their E and F kits.

Both Sky's Decals and Isradecal make IAF A-4 sheets.

Edited by Dave Williams, 14 September 2017 - 02:12 AM.

#7 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

So, are the intakes correct in the M kit? If not are there any aftermarket? What is the source for Sky Decals, according to the Isradecal website, their A-4N sheet is gone? Thanks.

Chuck

#8 Jennings Heilig

Jennings Heilig

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

Sky decals are widely available. There are always some on eBay.

"It's all part of the show..."

#9 nichenson

nichenson

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

There is one set of Isradecal on eBay.  If you are in the US, I can look to see if I have an extra set.  As for the intakes, the A-4E/F has an intake that is almost vertical on the plane when the bird is in flight.  The A-4M has a slightly forward intake with a slant downward when in flight.  It can be a bit difficult to tell from the ground.  The A-4H is based on the F and the A-4N is based on the M.  That being said, you have to start with a M to do an N and a E/F for the H.  Harold makes some intakes for the E/F/H, but nothing for the M/N.  I believe you will be fine starting with the M kit.

• Harold and otis252 like this

#10 Harold

Harold

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

There is one set of Isradecal on eBay.  If you are in the US, I can look to see if I have an extra set.  As for the intakes, the A-4E/F has an intake that is almost vertical on the plane when the bird is in flight.  The A-4M has a slightly forward intake with a slant downward when in flight.  It can be a bit difficult to tell from the ground.  The A-4H is based on the F and the A-4N is based on the M.  That being said, you have to start with a M to do an N and a E/F for the H.  Harold makes some intakes for the E/F/H, but nothing for the M/N.  I believe you will be fine starting with the M kit.

Is it possible you could post two photos showing the difference between them? I could possibly do the M/N if I could see the difference. 

#11 nichenson

nichenson

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Is it possible you could post two photos showing the difference between them? I could possibly do the M/N if I could see the difference. 

I will have to see if I have some good pics.  If I do I will send them to you and post them here.  I need to get out my M kit to see what is in it as well compared to the F.  Might be a couple of days as I have slowly been rebuilding my laptop and desktop.  Both crashed hard.  The desktop was a motherboard issue and not recoverable so I got a new Dell XPS.  This one should easily be able to do some 3D work so I can start making some objects with shapeways.  The laptop had to be reformatted due to Winblows.

• Harold likes this

#12 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:39 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Checked Ebay for the decals, and no joy. Anybody got another source for either the Sky or the Isra decals? Thanks.

Chuck

#13 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

What is the best starting kit for an IDF A-4N? Hasegawa A-4E or Trumpeter A-4M? Hasegawa is all positive rivetted but his muzzle seems to be closer (in profile) to the real thing (though the windscreen was not correct for a N).

Edited by Luca, 15 September 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#14 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Hasegawa never released a A-4M, only the E/F.

#15 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Probably the Trumpeter -M kit for an -N. The problem with using the Hasegawa E/F kit is that I don't think anyone makes the windscreen and canopy for the M/N that you'll need. Plus you also need to modify the E/F fuselage for the new canopy since the sill line is different.

With the Trumpeter -M kit out, there seems little reason to try to mod the Hasegawa kit into an -N. If you really want to use the Hasegawa kit, make a fully upgraded IAF -F or -H model. Visually, there is little difference other than the canopy and windscreen.
  • Luca and Harold like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users