The best 1/32 BF 109 is...

Vitor Costa

Hello 

My first time here! I generally build 1/72 and 1/48, but i want to start building 1/32 too. Due to the price of the kits, much more expensive than the ones in the smaller scales i want to stay on the WWII fighters, being the Luftwaffe the most appreciated. So I have some questions that i hope you guys can give.
I saw that Hasegawa, Revell and Trumpeter/Hobby Boss rules the market, i read lots about it but mostly from people that doesn't build the kits, only make the inbox review... not a bad thing but when we put the parts together things tend to change a bit

So my question, best brand? Best Bf 109 and Fw 190 (short "nose").

Thank you in advance for your help, you guys have some really inspiring builds! 

Even if i only made the registar now, im a frequent visitant here for some time.

Best regards

Vitor Costa

Guest The Southern Bandit

:post1:

Hi Vitor ... like Mark says, what variant of 109 do you prefer? Mine is the Emil-1 and for that I went for the Eduard kit, not entirely shake n bake like modern Tamiya or Revell, but lots of 109 choices for sure in 1/32.

Its my personal guess the next Tamiya 1/32 release might be a 109 or perhaps 190, but no guarantees, lots of 109 choices though already in 1/32.

I'd say Hasegawa for the 109s, especially the F. It's a great kit.  If you want an Emil, go with Wingtech or Eduard.

As far as the 190 short nose goes, I really like the Revell kit, but others like the Hasegawa.

I agree 100%. I'm working on the Dragon/Wing Tech/Cyber Hobby Bf 109E-4B right now, and it's a great kit. For the 190A/F, the Hasegawa kits (the newer ones), are very impressive, as is the newer Revell F-8 kit.

There are 2 Fw190 short noses. The A-3/4 (shortest noses)

only kitted by PCM and no longer available, and the A-5 and

upward (shorter than the D but longer than the A-3/4)

best kitted by Hasegawa.

There did I confuse things well enuff ?  :wacko:

Oh and welcome Vitor  :hi:

Edited by mmaben

Hello guys

Thank you for your feedback. I was talking about the F' G' K's... 

If you can convince yourself to be interested in the Emil, get the Eduard kit in 1/32 scale; it's the best 109 kit of any variant in that scale in my opinion.

For the later variants go with Hasegawa, but they are different kinds of kits; much less detail but still nice and they fit well.

109's ...

E-1 ... Eduard is your only bet ... Which is ok, because apart from the cowl fit (easily fixed with a couple of tabs and a little patience) and the wing slats (again not super difficult), there's nothing super noticeably wrong.

E-3 - E-7 ... Cyber Hobby is the clear winner - because it's the most accurate ... but especially with the level of detail and fit/finish in the box ... Eduard is not too far behind ...

Trumpeter has some shape issues (not anything to get overly dramatic about, really) - BUT the kit has a lot of detail and the fit is excellent.

F-2 - F-4 ... Hasegawa is your kit ... If you want it someway accurate it shape ... Trumpeter also make an F and while (as with all their 109 kits) it will fit together well and has plenty of detail, it also more closely resembles a G-2!!

G-2 - G-14 ... Hasegawa is the most popular choice here again - it isn't without its shape issues, but most tend to think that what is there is either acceptable to leave alone or easier to fix.

Trumpeter make them all except the G-4 and G-14 (as of writing), again with some nice detail and excellent fit - and while shape errors are to be found in all kits - a lot of negativity can be found expressed towards the errors Trumpeter has made with theirs.

Revell has more recently released a G-6 ... The most positive element for this kit is the pricing and the nice detail ... although there have been some questions raised on the engineering of some parts - and some rather obvious shape errors. 

Most of these are a relatively easy fix with a little help from your AM friends. Interestingly, Revells 'Erla' G-10 is the only game in town - but there are those detractors that are critical that Revell didn't capture the shape of the Erla front end correctly.

Again ... AM seems to be absolutely everywhere for G types (including a corrected front end for the Revell Erla G-10) ... No one company has one that is near enough to 'spot on' ... Personally I hope Tamiya jumps in to solve all my wishes at some point! - A guy can dream!

K-4 ... Hasagawa is the closest - in shape at least. Trumpeter make one - with the usual pluses and minuses listed above.

Rog :)