NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Guest Clunkmeister

A military DC-3 is just plain wrong.. It looks best in shiny aluminum with logo.  Or, if you want to be cute, modify it to DST standards: Wright engines, Pullman style upper windows, move the passenger door to the starboard side of the fuselage, along with a few other minor changes...

Guest Smitty44

A military DC-3 is just plain wrong.. It looks best in shiny aluminum with logo.  Or, if you want to be cute, modify it to DST standards: Wright engines, Pullman style upper windows, move the passenger door to the starboard side of the fuselage, along with a few other minor changes...

Polishing a kit with raised rivets all over it to get ready for NMF ought to be a hoot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at a Tigercat build earlier this morning ...

... and it seems HpH are really dropping the ball with quality control.

No-one expects absolute perfection ... and certainly some work is required on any resin kit ...

The issue with the fit of the nose weights is partly understandable in this instance ...

But misaligned detail on a wing (along with parts, that when correctly fitted, get in the way of other parts) ... coupled with a throw away response - deflecting the responsibility to the customers - when the issue is being raised, is certainly unacceptable.

Why weren't these issues picked up in the test build? ...

How about fixing the issue instead of fobbing it off? ... and servicing your customers with replacements? ... especially when you charge the large amounts of money that you do!

Or has the passion for your product disappeared?

Rog :)

** Edit: Generalised response directed specifically to HpH and no personal third parties **

Edited by Artful69

Guest Vulcan32

They have fixed the problem with the nose weight, I have kit number 121 and 122, the nose weight fits at both.

I had a look at the wings, some little extra work, but nothing that scares me.

To the gun barrels: no problem for me, because I´m not turning around my models to show the wheel bays. They go into a vitrine at home and stay there, no more shows and contests, modelling has become my private fun again.

Nose gear leg: is not beautiful, I will cut out the brass rod and screw the main wheels to a base plate. So, that it will take all the weight from the nose wheel. And the problem with the nose weight is also fixed, I don´t need it.

Of course I will have a talk about the quality of their kits with Jiri when I visit him next Friday.

Happy modelling,

Heinz

Guest Peterpools

Heinz

While it's nice to know the nose weight issue has been fixed, the other two issues are still deal klllers for me. Can't see spending $300 on the kit until the lower wing issue is fixed and the kit is offered with cast gear.

Peter

They have fixed the problem with the nose weight, I have kit number 121 and 122, the nose weight fits at both.

I had a look at the wings, some little extra work, but nothing that scares me.

To the gun barrels: no problem for me, because I´m not turning around my models to show the wheel bays. They go into a vitrine at home and stay there, no more shows and contests, modelling has become my private fun again.

Nose gear leg: is not beautiful, I will cut out the brass rod and screw the main wheels to a base plate. So, that it will take all the weight from the nose wheel. And the problem with the nose weight is also fixed, I don´t need it.

Of course I will have a talk about the quality of their kits with Jiri when I visit him next Friday.

Happy modelling,

Heinz

Heinz ...

Sure thing!

Rog :)

** Edit: Offensive material removed **

Edited by Artful69