Don't nobody get excited , but ...

MikeMaben

This may add some light to the problem:

I eMailed Tower yesterday. The text of my message and their reply is as follows:

"To: Tower Hobbies <orders@towerhobbies.com>

Order was placed on 29 Jan 2017 and was immediately placed on Back order. I understand the first lot of this product went to back orders older than mine. I have heard that a second lot has hit the states and several of my colleagues have had their orders filled by you, yet mine remains on back-order. Are your current bankruptcy restructuring effecting your shipment. In that Revell and Revell of Germany are wholy owned subsidiaries of your parent , Hobbico, Inc. Please advise.

Sincerely,"

"Dear Tower Hobbies Customer,

Thank you for contacting Tower Hobbies. Please be advised, Tower Hobbies is a smaller company under our parent company, Hobbico. Under Hobbico, there are a few different business, such as Great Planes. We all work out of and pull from the same warehouse stock. For the item you are referring to, there are hundreds of backorders for this item. We received our last shipment of this item on March 12, 2018 and we have filled as many backorders as we can with it. Unfortunately however, not all of them could be filled though. We do apologize that your friends received this, and you have not yet, but this has nothing to do with the bankruptcy that was filed by Hobbico. 

We are filling as many backorders as we can with the stock we are provided from the manufacturer. We are at their mercy to get enough of a single item in stock at a time to fulfill all backorders. If we do not, all backorders are filled in the order that they are received. We again, do apologize. If there is anything further that we may assist you with, at this time, please let us know.

We appreciate your time and business.

Jessica

Tower Customer Service

Orders/JXM"

I would suggest that other suppliers are having the same problem. Either ROG has a real gold mine or they are producing small lots for some obscure reason.

Edited by Night Hog

I am so glad that I do not need another P-51. 

Couldn't care less,

Ho hum. :popcorn:

BUT, if we were talking about the Val or Kate or Pete or Betty, then I would be panting and pawing grooves in the linoleum. :frantic: 

:punk:

Revell Mustangs have been on Ebay for great prices for months.

Just get one from there?

:huh:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Logical choice (not).

The cheapest new Revell P-51D-5 kit on eBay is listed as $56.55 after shipping. A smart shopper would wait until they're available in better quantities in the US for the advertised price of less than half that: $26.95. 

A really smart shopper would then order two kits, use coupon code 01A15 to get $15 off of the pair, and end up with a total cost of $19.45 for each kit. ;) 

Or, blow more than double that on one kit, and claim it to be a "great price".  :doh:

Maybe, Darren, just maybe, all the people in the thread already know what they're doing. 

D

<<<A really smart shopper would then order two kits, use coupon code 01A15 to get $15 off of the pair, and end up with a total cost of $19.45 for each kit.  ;)>>>

That's exactly what I did!!!! 

There's a big price difference between what the kit is selling for on Ebay and in Europe and what it's selling for in the USA via Tower!!!

Edited by modelingbob