Tamiya Mosquito FB VI - 3/22 - Figure painting completed

Bstarr3

Beautiful, and done in lightning speed too... ( kinda like John B does :coolio:)  fabulous result ! 

Well done :goodjob:

Three month are indeed speed of light

Class! 

Torben

Thanks all!  I'll have to let my wife know that all those late nights in the garage were worthwhile, because my internet friends are impressed with the speed of my build!  :coolio:

We all do. Her name is "Aftermarket". We buy sparkly things and stuff to make them pretty and get them plastic surgery to 'enhance' them.

Hah, that's true! I sometimes ship stuff to my office so my wife doesn't realize I'm buying another kit/more paint/aftermarket goodies :innocent:

Edited by Bstarr3

Brian what a lovely closure to your mossie chapter.

I wasn't able to comment as much as i wanted to of late because i have been running around with all the flying but i was following every step of the way. and taking notes!

I hope you will be sharing your next build with us too!!

Karim

Brian what a lovely closure to your mossie chapter.

I wasn't able to comment as much as i wanted to of late because i have been running around with all the flying but i was following every step of the way. and taking notes!

I hope you will be sharing your next build with us too!!

Karim

Cheers, Karim.  I appreciate you taking the time to stop by.  I know you've been busy between jetsetting all over the world and inventing a shrink ray to miniaturize that seaplane of yours.  Truly magnificent work, bud. 

I have actually started on a quickie build, linked in my signature.  Doing the Revell Mustang

One more update...

I've decided to do a little display base for this guy, and to paint the pilot figure about to climb the ladder.  I've blocked in the colors.  Light coat of stynylrez grey, then Model Colour field blue sprayed on, khaki painted on all the straps and life vest, then overpainted with buff and yellow where appropriate. Head primered with MRP ocher wood, and a dark wash applied.  Will build up layers using oil paints.  This is my first 1/32 figure, so lots of trial and error will be involved. 

20180321_235616.jpg

20180321_235625.jpg

Standard viewing distance

20180321_235734.jpg

Up close

20180321_235744.jpg