REEDOAK Figures....Review.

williamj

Those look terrific!

....... perfectly smooth like those figures.

but those figures look much smoother DPI wise than anything I've seen that was 3D printed in a kit.

Hi Brian, I have the pilot in the cap and plain flightsuit from the images above and can confirm that the figure and resolution are excellent. However, just one teeny word on that. The builder may need to perform the slightest clean-up in some places. These are extremely good but faint striations are visible on some facets of the figures.

This is not to criticise Norbert's creations at all, just a heads-up for those who have n't yet taken the plunge and expect perfect smoothness all over like injection molded plastic.

I can't recommend these figures highly enough. They are the best I've seen anywhere.

HTH

Cheers.

• 1 year later...

I have messaged him in the past asking for Vietnam era Navy helmets being added to his helicopter line - there is a post on the forum today by other looking for flight helmets also.  I really think there would be a market for them as people always seem to be looking for helmets for either single aircraft builds or flight deck dioramas.  I hope he sees this post and responds positively - I know I would be the first one in line to get a number of helmets if available.

Jerry

Yes, I have read both posts. I'm doing currently some army troops, for those following our company on this side of our hobby. Next will probably be a french support unit, in Mali (could be an airfield guard)

french%20support%20unit%20c_zpsdrayp2hw.

Not done so far, some details need more work, and I'm sorry, it's not a pilot or deck/ground crew...but it will be done in our favorite scale.

For the helmets, there are some jet pilots helmets in the pipe in addition with more helicopter helmets. Hope to find a solution to reduce the developpment time of each item. Hope to make some jet pilots now and started to worrk on that.

BTW, I bought the beautifull wessex made by Fly for myself, and I'm now wondering how to make a crew for it...

So, too much ideas, too much work

cheers

Norbert